How to shred belly fat without muscle loss!?

Options
preciadokimberly
preciadokimberly Posts: 9 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been eating lean for the past 28 days, weight training 3-4x a week for the past 6 mo, counting my macros but haven't seen too much result with trying to tone my stomach? I mean I've lost about 2.5lb since I started on this app but obviously not seeing the changes I want to make. Please help!!

Replies

• mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, abs are a direct result of diet. We can crunch until the cows come home n it wont make a bit of difference unless our diet is in,a deficit. Have u been counting macros n eating clean in deficit for 28 days?
  • preciadokimberly
    Options
    Thank you to all for your comments! I will start a calorie deficit and log my progress as I go:) @snickerscharlie @mlsh1969 @ninerbuff @AllOutof_Bubblegum
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    @mlsh1969 I sure have! Could it be that I am not eating in small portions every two hours? Or could it be that I am eating around night time?

Just wanted to add that some people find that eating a lot of smaller 'meals' or snacks throughout the day in lieu of several larger meals the best way for them to curb their appetite and reduce overall caloric intake. For me, although I guess I'd never feel really hungry if I ate in this manner, I would likely never feel truly satiated either.

I prefer to skip breakfast entirely (because I'm rarely hungry in the morning) and save my calories for a good lunch and dinner as well as a few snacks in the evening.

The point is that everyone is different, so it might take some experimentation to find out what works best for you. :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @mlsh1969 I sure have! Could it be that I am not eating in small portions every two hours? Or could it be that I am eating around night time?

Just wanted to add that some people find that eating a lot of smaller 'meals' or snacks throughout the day in lieu of several larger meals the best way for them to curb their appetite and reduce overall caloric intake. For me, although I guess I'd never feel really hungry if I ate in this manner, I would likely never feel truly satiated either.

I prefer to skip breakfast entirely (because I'm rarely hungry in the morning) and save my calories for a good lunch and dinner as well as a few snacks in the evening.

The point is that everyone is different, so it might take some experimentation to find out what works best for you. :)

I am more like you. If I skip breakfast, I am hardly aware of food until noon or 1. If I eat more frequently, I am hungry all the time. I think it has to do with hunger/satiety signalling hormones, Ghrelin and Leptin. IIRC, Ghrelin is low in the morning after fasting overnight. One of the rationales for IF and why it can be effective is it delays the Ghrelin/ Leptin cycle. Whatev, it works for me. Eating more frequently only makes me want to eat more frequently.

PS: OP, as others have said, 28 days ain't nothin'. If you expected big changes in that short a time, your expectations were totally unrealistic. I think you have a better understanding now.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I read this blog post recently and it answers all your questions. Bear in mind it's put out by a company that sells nutrition products but the post can stand alone if you are good at sorting through shameless plugs and real info.

The basic concept is simple. To lose stubborn belly fat, you have to reduce your overall bf percentage. Seems like stating the obvious, I know.

Give it a read.

https://legionathletics.com/how-to-lose-belly-fat/
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift??
  • preciadokimberly
    Options