Supplements

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    My biggest issue honestly is motivating myself to go to the gym. I don't eat very bad, especially when I'm trying to lose weight, but I've always had a hard time sticking to a workout regimen because in all honesty I feel like I don't know what I'm doing haha. That's a terrible excuse though so I'm determined to figure it out this time!

if you aren't training, what do you think supplementation is going to provide. I'd recommend getting on a structure routine that teaches you and tells you what to do. StrongCurves tends to a be a favorite of women.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

I agree! However like I said I am just getting back into this. I just purchased the supplements that I am taking, and just started using them on Monday, before heading to the gym. I did not take any before, and especially not without working out as I know that would be a waste haha. Thanks for the input and advice :smile:

Once you run out, I wouldn't probably purchase them again unless you get the other stuff down (exception would be if you are deficient in something, like constantly low in protein or a mineral deficiency). I'd put more focus on hitting macros and starting to workout prior to worrying about supplementation.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I take a mulutivitamin, a few breastfeeding suppliments and my b12 injections as i cannot absorb it orally

Depending on blood results i take iron, vitamin d and calcium prescribed by my doctor

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    I don't personally consider protein shakes or bars supplements, I treat them as food because that's really all they are. If you enjoy the taste and/or they help you reach your protein goals then they are fine, if you'd prefer to hit protein by eating other things (meat, dairy, etc) then that's just as good.

Love this. It's food. When I eat certain foods, it's usually with a particular goal in mind. Just because it's in powder form has a purpose attached doesn't make it any less of a food. To me, protein powder is something I ingest and it has nutrients. Therefore it's food - not a supplement in my mind. (Of course that means that pretty much all "supplements" qualify as food, doesn't it?)
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Id love to take these certain vitamins but I think theyre illegal lol
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Daily:
    1000mg DHE / EPA / Omega-3
    2000 UI Vitamin D
    85mg Aspirin
    400mg Magnesium Citrate

Twice a week:
    300mg net Resveratrol

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I take a multi and a good probiotic. Preworkout I drink a v8 energy (I don't drink other caffeine so it does the trick and is only 80mg caffeine, 50cal), protein shake in morning otherwise I have trouble getting enough protein.

My doc says we have the most expensive urine in the world. If you eat right you don't need all that stuff.