Getting it started

Options
New here- just went premium to take advantage of all features. averaged 240 or so, had a spinal injury, got up to 320. Despite some mobility issues, working on diet, strength and trying to get back to where I was. Looking forward to obtaining suggestions, reading about what others are doing and overall sharing a potential common interest with this community.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome! You've totally got this. :)
  • rachiedeA
    rachiedeA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I too have a injury but a little different. Sciatica due to a slipped disc in my back. So was pretty immobile for a bit hence the weight gain.
  • asugar7979
    asugar7979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm starting new after several attempts. Doing the gym again after two years without any thing but yoga and some light walking. Looking for new friends!
  • GilbsW00
    GilbsW00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good job getting back on track!! One thing that helped me was completely cutting out sugar 4 months ago and drinking a gallon of water every day :). Just walking or hiking! Lost about 55 pounds.
  • HoneyBFab2
    HoneyBFab2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am having some mobility issues after 2 back surgeries. It's going to make focusing on what I eat even more important. I'm trying to recommit to paying attention to what I eat to be healthy. Good luck to us.
  • Merilee12
    Merilee12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    I am back after several years and 100+ weight gain. I too have limitations due to an illness so I have a therapy approved workout for the gym and using mfp to redirect my diet back to majority protein and of course a support system of which you can never have too many people to provide e couragement / support or even some constructive criticism.
    You are welcome to add me.
    Again just getting back into this so I'm retraining myself to log everything.