Already lost 160 pounds. Looking to keep the momentum going.

Options
Went through some personal stress in June 2016. Didn't eat much for a couple of months, lost 60 pounds. Figured I might as well keep going. Cut calories to about 500 per meal total of 1500-2000 per day. Started walking, then in February 2017 running. Have since ran numerous 5, 10, and just completed a 15k. Ran the whole way. Started at 410lbs. Now 250. Don't really have a goal, but don't want to go backwards. Hope to run a half marathon by the end of the summer and a marathon by next summer.

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all of that loss so far and best of luck to you!
  • SelfLove2point0
    SelfLove2point0 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations on your success
  • VicBeach01
    VicBeach01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fantastic effort!
  • horses4ever1414
    horses4ever1414 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good job keep it up :)
  • willgt78
    willgt78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey big great job on the weight loss, are you having any issue with losse skin?
  • thomasegbert09
    thomasegbert09 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • BigFatSissy
    BigFatSissy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    willgt78 wrote: »
    Hey big great job on the weight loss, are you having any issue with losse skin?

A little, but not too bad.
  • Merilee12
    Merilee12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Congratulations!!!
    I myself have about 170 to lose. Thanks for sharing your story
  • GilbsW00
    GilbsW00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow you're amazing!!
  • yeahwhatfun
    yeahwhatfun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    congrats!

words of advice from someone that lost 170 in a year and within 3 years gained it all back.

STAY POSITIVE!

no matter what happens no matter what external force acts upon your life if you do not stay positive and stay happy the dark will try to seep back in and it is very easy to slip back to old habits. (eating too late closet eating and emotional eating). depression is not a weight loss friend and neither is emotion. Stay on the facts {X-has worked and Y-hasn't} this will help keep your head clear and on the goal.

Keep up the great work!
  • BigFatSissy
    BigFatSissy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    congrats!

words of advice from someone that lost 170 in a year and within 3 years gained it all back.

STAY POSITIVE!

no matter what happens no matter what external force acts upon your life if you do not stay positive and stay happy the dark will try to seep back in and it is very easy to slip back to old habits. (eating too late closet eating and emotional eating). depression is not a weight loss friend and neither is emotion. Stay on the facts {X-has worked and Y-hasn't} this will help keep your head clear and on the goal.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the tips, gaining it back is my biggest fear.
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You already have this figured out....and well done, by the way. Just keep doing what you are doing. The head games are big, fat liars!
  • Aya094
    Aya094 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    congrats!

STAY POSITIVE!

Keep up the great work!

congrats!

STAY POSITIVE!

Keep up the great work!

The body has physical limitations, the mind doesn't. As long as the mind can envision the fact that u can do something, u can do it, as long as u believe 100 %. Stop being afraid becoz it will not happen.
    U have no idea how strong u r
  • manhnguyen123
    manhnguyen123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and ask me anything