Hit the big 60 lbs down today!

Options
kdz0444
kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
Today I hit 60 lbs lost. Well 60.2 lbs to be exact. It's been just under 10 months since I started this journey. For reference I am 5'0" and have gone from 230ish to 169.8 as of this morning. I had surgery to remove my gallbladder in the end of April and have been figuring out what works for me now. I started off low carb back in September and quickly went down to Keto levels and felt amazing. And now with no gallbladder I have gone back up to just low carb levels. I have recently added fasting for 24-72 hour periods into my routine because it's so good for digestion and the liver as well as just good for your health in general. Still have about 42-45 lbs I want to lose but it's so nice to be over the halfway mark.

31qnkcr9mv0n.jpg
152rn9a7fils.jpg
lmbfv8qt0ole.jpg

Replies

• vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great in the yellow dress... rock it girl!! Thanks for sharing
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    you look great! Thanks for sharing. I'm 5'2 and I'm taking your progress as inspiration!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • kdz0444
    Options
    @hoffman2300 aw that's the most amazing compliment ever when people say I'm inspiration. It's why I share photos even when I'm not 100% confident in sharing them. I'm just hoping maybe someone will see what I have done and believe they can do it or keep going so thank you! It motivates me to keep going.
  • Aria603
    Aria603 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look so great! Such awesome work!
  • liyes17
    liyes17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!! Inspirational!
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You are doing great!
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm. 5'0 and just lost 20lbs. I'm now at 200 lbs!! Let's be buddies. Looking good girl!
  • kelarco2017
    kelarco2017 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Be proud. You are awesome.
  • kstephenson40
    kstephenson40 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing!
  • MakingItHappen2017
    MakingItHappen2017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look great! Do you mind me asking about you gall bladder removal. Did you have gallstones? I only ask as I have gallstones and everytime try to loose weight I start getting frequent attacks I am currently 230lbs and been trying to find a way of eating that works without it causing the attacks as I refuse to have it removed (too scared). Did low carb cause you to have more attacks? Sorry only presuming you had gallstones
  • kdz0444
    Options
    @makingithappen2017 hey no problem I don't mind answering questions about my gallbladder. I had been having attacks for 3 years but no one would believe me and I did have stones. When they took it out they said it still had a lot of stones. Actually low carb almost completely stopped my gallbladder attacks. I had been having attacks almost every week sometimes almost every day for a couple weeks before low carb. They got progressively worse but once I started low carb they almost completely stopped and the attacks I did have weren't bad at all. It wasn't until I had a stone that got stuck so bad that I got pancreatitis and ended up in the hospital because of the pain. I was there for a total of 5 days. On the Fourth day I had surgery it only took about 1.5 hrs and I woke up from anesthesia pretty fast. The worst part was the gas pain in my shoulder. They did it laparoscopicly so I only had 4 small incision sites, 3 on the abdomen and 1 in the belly button area. The belly button one caused the most trouble but didn't hurt only as it made sitting up straight or laying flat right after surgery. It took about 2 weeks to heal completely but was able to go back to work after a week. Beyond that I can still eat pretty much whatever. I can't do quite as high fat as before surgery but am still able to do low carb. I occasionally have issues with diarrhea but with some supplements like digestive enzymes and probiotics. All in all I would recommend low carb and starting something like a probiotic and a digestive enzyme it can help a lot.
  • lunchboxesforme
    lunchboxesforme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yay!! rocksauce!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!