Ladies...what should I be wearing to the gym?

Options

Replies

• tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of his legs, wish I could get mines down to that size. :'(
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    @dbrose40 I'm going to be honest. The real problem I have with your gym pic, aside from the disappointing lack of crocheted shorts, is the fact that no one can see your beard with that hat on. :smirk:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    9vcfvcfw3pim.jpg

But if you decide you do want to dress to be noticed, these guys seem to know what's up.

Take Down My Picture !!!
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    9vcfvcfw3pim.jpg

But if you decide you do want to dress to be noticed, these guys seem to know what's up.

Take Down My Picture !!!

Which one are you? I hope you're all three. :kissing_heart:

• Motorsheen
    Options
    9vcfvcfw3pim.jpg

Take Down My Picture !!!

it took my mom countless hours to knit that poncho.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    9vcfvcfw3pim.jpg

Take Down My Picture !!!

@Motorsheen Couldn't have taken that long, she made it so ridiculously small.

• Motorsheen
    Options
    9vcfvcfw3pim.jpg

Take Down My Picture !!!

@Motorsheen Couldn't have taken that long, she made it so ridiculously small.

I dunno, just look at the photo; she spent so much money on the poncho that we couldn't afford shoes.
  • karintorbenson
    karintorbenson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care what anyone wears to the gym. I wear clothes that are functional (and preferably from the clearance section). I am going to be a nasty sweaty mess anyways, so who cares? If I notice a good looking guy it isn't because of what he is wearing. Even if I did, I get to the gym, put my headphones in and go to work. I don't think I have ever talked to anyone at my gym outside of a few short conversations in the locker room!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I'm picky AF about what I wear to the gym.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    dbrose40 wrote: »
    I obviously have bigger issues if I care about what I look like at the gym. Yes my clothes match. :p

Nobody freak out and start making fun of me. I took this at 5:00am and no one was there but me. I can't go later and even find a bench. It gets so croweded with all the college kids around and I don't fit in due to my 40 year old body.

I like your look - totally fits with my idea that it's what's underneath that counts.
  • mallorycastleberry
    mallorycastleberry Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    dbrose40 wrote: »
    I've been going to the gym for close to 25 years and I've never given much thought to what I wear. However, I don't like to look like a slob and I find that if I like what I am wearing I tend to work out harder. I've noticed some weird fashion trends from guys recently like wearing leggings under shorts. I don't get it. Ladies...what type of clothing do you find less ugly (dare i say attractive) for a man to wear at the gym?

Idk if I'm replying the correct way, but, look at Bruce Lee and how he wore a belt around his waist. It has to do with body temperature from what I've learned.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Lol, when dudes start worrying what they have to wear to the gym, it's time to change gyms.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Don't wear these. There's a few blokes down my gym who like to wear these low cut vests with giant arm holes and it's horrible.

Just like girls who wear as little as possible and then stick their bums out.

You are there to exercise, not to be noticed.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    awkward-pictures-of-men-in-shorts-from-the-1970s-2.jpg
    Just remember, we're no longer in the 70s. and you'll be just fine.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I just go to the Gym mainly to watch the Boys lift weights!
    But I do wear my finest Gym shoes!!! :joy:

kwtjcjsocni8.jpg