Multivitamins for men

I am 39 years old. I take a probiotic daily and whey protein. Another supplement I was looking into was a multivitamin. Any experiences or changes with them? Also what do you recommend?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,030 Member
    If you're deficient in particular vitamins they might help, if you're not deficient, you won't notice a difference (you don't get extra healthy by taking more vitamins - what the body doesn't need it just expels). Whether you feel any different will really depend on what you were deficient in - some deficiencies cause noticeable effects, some not so much.

If you are significantly deficient in anything, the multi may not fix the problem, you may have to take higher doses of that specific thing. This may also mean that if you're significantly deficient in a particular vitamin and it is causing negative effects, you may not improve with a multi.

Best bet is to get a blood panel done to detect any deficiencies and treat accordingly.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    I have been a lifelong insomniac. I started take a multi, zinc and biotin regularly 3 months ago. I know the dosage is redundant but it has definitely helped establish a sleeping pattern.
  • rnken
    rnken Posts: 8 Member
    One-A-Day for Men
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Don't spend a lot of money. Any multi will do. One a day for men would be good. Even a generic from CVS is good (example).
    I take a multi and a fish oil.
    Biotin made me break out. I did not know it could help you sleep. A multi only contains 10% RDA of biotin.