40 year old mom of 4 looking to shed

Options
Ok, had baby girl #4 last June and finally done nursing and ready to get a better body back. Would like some support, tips and accountability.

Replies

• jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would love the mutual support. 41 year old mom of 4 here. My kids are quite a bit older but still would love to motivate and support!
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    41 yr old mom of 2 here. My kids are school age now but when they were little I did many walks to the park and would work out while they played and joined a stroller running group. I did couch to 10k with some friends and then worked my way into half and full marathons when the kids were a bit older. I also had friends who would trade off watching kids so we could both get gym time. Military husband so he was gone a lot. Workout friends are so helpful!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hey good for you, took me like 3 years to decide it was time to shed the baby weight! haha I have a 9 year old and I just turned 44 and feel like I'm as fit as I've ever been as an adult. Good luck!
  • lacostag51
    lacostag51 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hello
    I'm a 40 year old single mom of 1 teenager. Looking to shed the 30 pounds I've gained since going back to university part-time. Biggest challenge is cooking due to time once I get I from work. Hoping to be apart of an encouraging group.
  • megcromer
    megcromer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tracking tonight for tomorrow...what is the over/under that I will actually stick to it???
  • lacostag51
    Options
    I know for me that when I don't stick to my plan it's usually 'cause I'm trying to make too many changes too fast. What is one of your challenges? 4 kiddos is a joy but lots of work! You can do it!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a 50 year old old mother-of-five! Would also like the motivation and support from other members. Almost at my goal now but would love friends, friend request me if you want :p
  • megcromer
    megcromer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely the bites, licks and tastes that add up. I am chasing kids all day, but little structures exercise right now. Need to get back to that a few times a week.
  • lacostag51
    Options
    Sounds like you already know what trips you up and what direction you want to be heading in-awesome!
    Keep at, you'll get there!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    35 year old, mom of 4 here. Feel free add me.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    some tips:
    • Plug in your stats to MFP and set a sensible deficit - If you're only a little above ideal weight this is unlikely to be 2lb per week.
    • Take your time - the people on here that tend to do well, tend to take it slow and steady.
    • Don't exclude any food groups - you can lose weight whilst eating a full range of foods. Carbs and fats are not your enemy and can/should be included in a balanced diet.
    • Don't exclude the foods you love but intstead learn to incorporate them into your daily or weekly plan. I rarely hear of people having any long term sucess by banning certain food, in fact it seems to be more likely that this behaviour causes binges and falling off th ewaggon.
    • Many people find it useful to pre-log their food for the day.
    • Exercise, whilst useful for health and may be used as part of a weight loss plan, is not required for weight loss, so if you hate it then it's not a problem. Having said that, if you do want to exercise - strength work can help you maintain muscle mass whilst dieting.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've left it soooo longer (too long) to fight back against my post baby body but better late than never! :) Good luck on your journey.... You've got this!
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    mum of 2 here, would love more motivated mama friends! :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    35 mom of 4. I have lost 87lbs so far but still have a long way to go!
  • lacostag51
    Options
    Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment
  • laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    39 year old mom of two kids (3.5 & 1.5). Lost 55# last year & approaching my 1 year anniversary of reaching my goal weight. Others have already posted great advice. Beyond the basic, must-do tips (measure everything, track everything), I definitely agree with pretracking & meal prep. That has saved me so many times.

If you can get to a gym with a daycare or get a babysitter for some "me time" I'd highly recommend that, too. Sleep & stress reduction make or break my days sometimes.

Best of luck to you!
  • khartell1022
    khartell1022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love this! 36 year old Mom of 4 boys here. Add me too. Definitely could use the motivation. ☺