Wearable question

Options
Hi all! Any opinions on fitness trackers that are also watches! I'd LOVE one with heartrate monitor
/GPS etc. I have a Samsung galaxy phone so was thinking of getting a gear fit 2. I had a polar but I ruined it when I put it in the wrong charger. Plus the band wasn't great and no gps etc.
Anyone LOVE their wearable!?!

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    What do you want it for?

I love my Garmin Forerunner when I am running or biking. It helps me train. I do not wear it for anything else. There are models that have a HRM built in but I prefer the more accurate chest strap.

I do have a Garmin Vivomove that I wear when not running. It tracks my steps. That's it. There's not much else it could do that would be very useful so why pay extra for it. Plus it is a real watch.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Garmin 235.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Note to self: Some ideas must be patented before blabbed on mfp.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Any opinions on fitness trackers that are also watches! I'd LOVE one with heartrate monitor
    /GPS etc.

It really depends what you'll hope to gain from it. I have a Forerunner 735XT designed for multi sport use.

Step tracking is interesting, but always-on HR is a bit pointless really. My main irritation with it is that it's only got a 12 hour life when tracking GPS, so it's right on the hairy edge of tracking when I'm doing a long endurance race.
  • liyes17
    liyes17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin vivoactive it's great!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 225, it's great but a but too big for me to want to wear it all the time.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Have two Garmins love them both. Vivosmart HR on the low end and Fenix 3HR at the high end. Durable, fantastic, fully waterproof, great battery life.

The Vivosmart HR+ has GPS too.
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I recently got a Garmin Vivosmart HR+ and I absolutely love it! The GPS connects really quickly and it can be used to track more activities than just running which is great as I've just taken up cycling. Really like the Garmin Connect app as well.
  • Kollane
    Kollane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Polar M400. <3 It might not be the prettiest (to some), but it fits my style perfectly.

New M430 also has wrist-based HR. New A370 uses phone to get GPS, has wrist HR and is much smaller and more feminine than M400/430.