Lifestyle Change

Options
Joined MFP originally back in 2011. Was off and on like many folks. Then, was diagnosed with colon cancer last year at the age of 36. Went through chemo and am cancer free for now. Need a lifestyle change, not just a diet. At my heaviest I was 272, now with the help of MFP I'm currently 237. My Oncologist would like me to be 190-195. Looking for friends to keep me motivated. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow. Welcome to MFP!
  • teresegy
    teresegy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Josh,

Best of health to you!! I have a similar story but mine is for different cancers - having radiation now, and chemo beginning in August. I was dx'ed with two cancers at the same time July of last year. My Onc was quite surprised as it's very rare. I'm normal weight but want to track my macros- especially during chemo when it's notoriously difficult to eat.

• MicheleB105
    MicheleB105 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Josh, I'm 3 years out from BC, her.-2 +. I'm working on losing and just becoming healthier also. Prayers you feel well and encouraged with each new day. God's got you.
  • katie2400
    katie2400 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear your cancer free! That's amazing! This app is great for motivating and staying on track! It's a little slow and glitchy which can be frustrating.. but it's free lol
  • asugar7979
    asugar7979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow what a story. I can be a friend for support.
  • Wotan48
    Wotan48 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats on beating the beast! From here on out, everything is possible!