Nauseated and confused....

Options
2»

Replies

• TamTamLove88
    Options
    I'm glad you plan on calling your doctor in the morning, but if you are concerned about your sugar levels being low please please please have some fruit or orange juice or something and please make sure that someone is with you overnight. I've had my grandfather go into a diabetic coma when his sugar level was too low. Thankfully my grandmother was a nurse which I honestly believe that saved his life since he was able to get help right away. He was taking a nap when it happened with no real warning.

Please take care of yourself.

Thank you for your concern :) I'm going to dig in the medicine drawer and see if I can find a strip. Starting to get a headache....
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    in the mean time, eat some sugar, it's better to be high than to go into a coma from being low.
  • TamTamLove88
    Options
    Guys, I completely forgot about my emergency kit in my car! It had 3 strips in it! Tested and sugar is at 79, low for me! guess it's time to eat!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Don't worry about eating before bed, I do it all the time so I don't wake up in the middle of my sleep due to hunger. Have peanut butter sandwich and milk, extra protein + carbs. Good luck and I hope you feel better
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Glad you checked it... Take care of yourself and follow up with MD regardless. Hope you feel better soon!
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am not diabetic, but i will bottom out about an hour after a workout and feel like hell if I don't bring my blood sugar up. Glass of chocolate milk is an awesome post workout drink. I drink it as soon as I come in from a workout. Wait about 30 mintues, then drink water to rehydrate what I lost in sweat.
  • TamTamLove88
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and concern. Ate a large peach and a fiber one brownie, should bring it up for sure!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Good, I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. Have a good sleep and follow up with the doc tomorrow.
    And don't forget to keep your water up, even if it's not really hot, you still probably need more than 5 glasses a day. Maybe ask your doc this too.