I want to get fit in under a year

Options
I currently weight 126 kg and Im only 176 cm height. What program should I use to get the best results. Btw I get muscle real quick and loose fat quickly too when exercizing.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Eat a little less. Move a little more. Drink some more water. Get plenty of sleep. Exercise if you want to.

You can use the food diary to prove that you're eating a little less.
    You can use the exercise diary to prove that you're moving a little more.
    You're on your own for sleep.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    There are fitness trackers that can count your steps and monitor your sleep patterns too.

What kind of exercise do you enjoy?

I get a lot of inspiration from this guy.

https://youtu.be/b_g1DtlAHkk
  • rc14menasha
    rc14menasha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started doing the Disney couch to half marathon workout plan. It takes four months, which when you think about it, isnt that much time
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I am also 176 cm and went from 149 kg to 80 kg in a year. It isn't easy but it is possible. Cardio for general fitness and lift heavy for muscle. There are lots of programs out there but the keys are push yourself and keep progressively increasing the weight. Focus on nutrition and keep your protein up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of 'fit'?
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of 'fit'?

The million dollar question
  • WorkoutResults21
    WorkoutResults21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Find a nutrition plan that you can live with and a workout that you will enjoy. There are many programs out there and getting the "best one" doesn't necessarily mean you'll stick to it.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Other than the nutrition bit (which is probably the more important portion) , the people on here that I have seen make the most dramatic changes in a year follow a progressive heavy lifting program (like Stronglifts 5x5 as an example).
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Fit has nothing to do with weight or body composition - unless of course you're from the UK and use "fit" as a term to describe someone you find attractive/having a good body.

What sort of fit do you want to be? Marathon runner fit? Sprinter fit? Mountain cycler fit? Powerlifter fit?.... Or do you want to lose weight?