Anyone eat Ezekiel bread & why?

2»

Replies

• Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Hopefully, someone can respond to the carbs vs weight loss q & its effects, if any, based on personal experience.
    Thanks everyone.

Me. I went from Low carb high fat, which made me sick from the added fat after about 2 months. month 2 i lost no weight. now i have just decided that controlling calories IS WHAT WORKS. plus I am eating fruit and complex carbs and its doing well. i lose about 1-3 pounds a week. Not on purpose from starving,but i have a lot to lose. Complex carbs are not making me gain weight. Test it for yourself to see how adding complex carbs affects you.
  • PatanjaliTwist
    PatanjaliTwist Posts: 485 Member
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    Hopefully, someone can respond to the carbs vs weight loss q & its effects, if any, based on personal experience.
    Thanks everyone.

Me. I went from Low carb high fat, which made me sick from the added fat after about 2 months. month 2 i lost no weight. now i have just decided that controlling calories IS WHAT WORKS. plus I am eating fruit and complex carbs and its doing well. i lose about 1-3 pounds a week. Not on purpose from starving,but i have a lot to lose. Complex carbs are not making me gain weight. Test it for yourself to see how adding complex carbs affects you.

Thank you WG. What you're saying sounds like good common sense, like MMA & BP were saying in some of the above posts. It is hard to go without a potato, a slice of homemade bread or some oatmeal. On another post I mentioned that Dukan did work for me, but I was so lethargic after 3-wks, I was getting no exercise at all & would even fall asleep when lying on the floor to attempt yoga. I think cutting out all fruit is the hardest for me, as that's normally a good chunk of my diet.

I'll do the same as you. In fact, I made a homemade beef-potato soup this weekend & have 1-2 slices of bread each day & I feel normal again. Unless there's a dire medical problem & one is under a dr's supervision, honestly, I don't think many of those diets make sense. I was getting a headache from reading all the conflicting info & it was hard to know which one to follow.

I'll just be patient, count calories & eat normally. Thank you for checking in! Happy 4th!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I eat it, solely because it's the only bread that I've ever found that isn't loaded to the neck with sodium.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I eat it because I really enjoy the taste and texture.
  • staciej0
    staciej0 Posts: 19 Member
    I eat it because it is made of sprouted grains - which your body handles like a vegetable rather than a starch. In fact, I have several recipes to make my own sprouted breads, and they have turned out very well! When i buy Ezekial, I keep it frozen to make it last longer. I actually prefer my homemade over store bought but sometimes do not have time.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I love their cinnamon raisin english muffins but haven't had them in a good year since the price shot up from 3.99/pack which was already sickening to 6.99. They are much more filling and dense than regular english muffins and only 30 more cals. Loved these when I could afford them lol
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    debtay123 wrote: »
    I eat it as well sometimes- I have never gotten the experience you recieved- another bread that was good for me and very filling- is the dave's killer bread- it is organic, very filling- I get the 60 calories a slice bread- Dave's also has a wonderful raisin bread for 90 calories a slice!

Is Dave's bread better than Ezekiel bread? I noticed it in the store the other day and was going to buy the Cinnamon Raisin bread
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    I used to eat Ezekiel bread (sesame and cinnamon raisin) when I was doing carb cycling. Never got the sugar rush like you experienced. I haven't eaten that bread in a while because I ate so much I got sick of it lol. I now eat the Trader Joe's "Slims" bagels
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I eat it because it's one of the only breads around that isn't gross and sweet with added "molasses" or "honey" or whatever they want to call it.