Recommend Books

Options
mfp_allie
mfp_allie Posts: 12 Member
Any genre, tell me your favorite books and why I should read them! ;)

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer continues to be one of my favorites. It's the true eyewitness accounts of one of the deadliest storms on mt everest. It's absolutely immersive and fascinating.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Playing For Keeps by R.L. Mathewson
    Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
    You by Caroline Kepnes
    A Painted House by John Grisham
    The death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer continues to be one of my favorites. It's the true eyewitness accounts of one of the deadliest storms on mt everest. It's absolutely immersive and fascinating.

His other one, Into the Wild, is very good, too.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    51NNsdXk16L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

61AeK%2B6w1OL._AC_UL320_SR200,320_.jpg

cormac5.jpg

51zP2kOP%2BCL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • caco_ethes
    Options

@SomebodyWakeUpHIcks I've heard it's good, is that the one about the kid in the bus? With the thing? :smile:
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options

@SomebodyWakeUpHIcks I've heard it's good, is that the one about the kid in the bus? With the thing? :smile:

Yes, the one with us. Not sure about "the thing". Its a good read.

I enjoyed Into Thin Air but wished Krakauer had include better maps and illustrations.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    I am reading john wuincy adams journals at thr moment. Very patriotic. My grandson gave it as a july 4 gift.

Wait, now we're expected to give 4th of July gifts? What the hell?!?!?!?!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    jy8rw31u5q4p.jpg
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Yes, the one with us. Not sure about "the thing". Its a good read.

I enjoyed Into Thin Air but wished Krakauer had include better maps and illustrations.

@SomebodyWakeUpHIcks "The thing" is me making fun of my inability to give a decent description. :grimace:

Agreed. I had to keep a running list of names too. It was a lot of information to try to keep straight.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    We are a military family across generations. I served in nam and both my sons served in iraq under president bush. My grandkids give me something thoughtful every fourth.

That is pretty great! Thanks to you and your sons, and Happy 4th!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    SPARK

Its a book on the effects of exercise on your brain.

TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE

A CHILD CALLED IT
    (if you can stomach a true child abuse story)

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    We are a military family across generations. I served in nam and both my sons served in iraq under president bush. My grandkids give me something thoughtful every fourth.

Thank you for your service to our Country.
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Just started American Gods. I wanted to read the book before I invested into the series. Loving it so far.
  • deteriminedAMY
    deteriminedAMY Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fifty Shades!!!
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I really love short stories- Specifically, The O'Henry Prize anthologies.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options

All the Krakauer books! Missoula was a tough read but everything else he writes is gold. Where Men Win Glory is probably my favorite.