Not losing any weight?

Options
I just started back on myfitnesspal after a few months of stress at school in july and I've been sticking to my 1200 calories and exercising about 45-60 minutes a day (switching between various jillian michaels dvds) and I haven't noticed any change in the scale. Its been almost 3 weeks and I've been 125lbs since i started. Any ideas?

Replies

• vpsmith14
    vpsmith14 Posts: 71
    Options
    I hope you're eating back those exercise calories. I never lose until I do. And even then I have to up my calories closer to 1500.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    You could be building up muscle that you had lost, or your calorie intake could be too low. It's hard to say. If you feel like you are eating enough, then just give it some time and I am sure you will see a difference.
  • Jane92394
    Jane92394 Posts: 74
    Options
    I haven't been eating them back, I'm usually not hungry enough to eat 1500 (some days i have trouble eating my 1200. Should I eat back all my exercise calories?
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    how much fat are you intaking switch up you exercise try a stair step with weights
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    two words: zig zag.
  • FemmeAndi
    FemmeAndi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    try adding spices to your foods.. like chili spices, and cinnamon to things that it would go with! Spices rev up the metabolism. Also try drinking 2 cups of decaffinated green tea as well! Green tea boosts up the metabolism and it adds to you daily water intake. :)
    Try in the middle of your exercise and calories reduction week.. like a wednesday, boosting up ur cal intake for 1 day. To like 1500. See how that goes.
  • Jane92394
    Options
    any tips on calorie shifting/how to figure out?
  • kravmom
    kravmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are probably not eating enough. If you're within 15 pounds of your goal weight, your calorie deficit can't exceed 500 calories. #Jillian Michaels 101
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I never knew that you have to be sure to eat enough if you are within 15 pounds. I have been eating 1200 cal/day and eating back my exercise calories but the scale has not changed. Should I be eating slightly more? I do not feel hungry.
  • Jane92394
    Options
    I want to say thanks to everyone that responded and I think I"m going to aim for 1500-1600 (eating back my exercise cals) so I can maintain a deficit of around 500 calories a day since my BMR without exercise is like 1650 and I burn 300-400ish calories a day when exercising. Also djkshdfd, if you want to keep in touch about the whole eat a little bit more thing feel free to friend me so we can see how it works.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I checked your stats on your profile and you're 5'3", so at 125 you're not really overweight. You're trying to lose vanity weight basically. The less you have to lose the longer it takes. So you are going to have to be patient. Just stick to eating healthy (1200+ exercise cals), and keep up with the exercising...the results will come. :)
  • miss84
    miss84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Do you take measurements of your body? I have been watching what I eat and exercising at least 6 days a week, and havnt noticed the scales move much, but I definatly feel slimmer around my waist and much more toned all over....