5'0F Lost 50lbs! Long story but LOTS of pics!

Options
SweetAzn
SweetAzn Posts: 195 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
My weight loss journey has been a very long and difficult one. During high school I played sports all year round and was extremely active. I wasn't stick skinny but I wasn't overweight. I decided not to play sports in college so I could focus on my studies and I started gaining weight. Over the years the weight just kept adding on and I would try fad diets which would help me lose weight at first but then I'd gain it back and then some.

Finally, in 2012 I set a goal weight and really dedicated myself to eating healthier and exercising regularly. I lost a good amount of weight but I lost motivation and started eating unhealthy and not exercising as much. The weight crept back up but then over the past 5 years I would go back and forth in my weight. I finally made it to the goal weight I set back in 2012! However, after reaching my goal, I do realize I need to lost at least another 10lbs. I wasn't going to post a success story until I lost those additional 10lbs but I'm losing motivation and falling back into some bad habits.

I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I am an emotional eater and a binge eater....I feel that I am definitely addicted to food. Some days/weeks are good and I can keep myself in check, other days/weeks I fall into bad habits but this time I'm not giving up when I do. Even if I have a bad week, I know I must get back on track bc I refuse to get as fat as I was before.

These last 10lbs are a struggle and I keep losing a pound or two and gaining it back. I'm getting frustrated and down on myself that I can't lose the weight and I might even have gained back more than the pound or two. I'm feeling very fat and unhappy with myself which isn't helpful since I'm an emotional eater.

I'm not giving up though, I am determined to lose these 10lbs. I just wanted to share my weight loss journey bc it's not always going to be easy but it's your dedication and persistence that will help you reach your goals.

Before Full Length Photos:
PxWogZW.jpg

After Full Length Photos:
l8RGB4o.jpg

Before And After Face Photos:
vtyki4C.jpg

Before and After Photos:
Hn3Sgjx.jpg

UwtzGCF.jpg

Replies

• aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Honey, you look amazing! Like you said, it's not always going to be easy but you've come such a long way and you must be so proud of yourself! It might be an idea to focus on some non-weight goals for a bit so those last few pounds aren't so distractingly annoying? Maybe get some more medals to add to your collection? Don't let the last few pounds get you down - you can absolutely do this! Well done! :)

P.S. you have lovely clothes!
  • Bobafad
    Bobafad Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're so inspiring and you look GREAT!
    You've come such a long way, I'm sure you'll fight those last 10lbs like a warrior! ;)
  • MistryGirl82
    MistryGirl82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look fantastic! Great work!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • liyes17
    liyes17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! You can loose those last 10 pounds!!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • thomasegbert09
    thomasegbert09 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a transformation! Good for you!'
    I like your mindset - knowing that it isn't always going to be easy. I suspect that will take you a long way to maintaining with success.
  • elephanteee
    elephanteee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SweetAzn wrote: »
    My weight loss journey has been a very long and difficult one. During high school I played sports all year round and was extremely active. I wasn't stick skinny but I wasn't overweight. I decided not to play sports in college so I could focus on my studies and I started gaining weight. Over the years the weight just kept adding on and I would try fad diets which would help me lose weight at first but then I'd gain it back and then some.

Finally, in 2012 I set a goal weight and really dedicated myself to eating healthier and exercising regularly. I lost a good amount of weight but I lost motivation and started eating unhealthy and not exercising as much. The weight crept back up but then over the past 5 years I would go back and forth in my weight. I finally made it to the goal weight I set back in 2012! However, after reaching my goal, I do realize I need to lost at least another 10lbs. I wasn't going to post a success story until I lost those additional 10lbs but I'm losing motivation and falling back into some bad habits.

I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I am an emotional eater and a binge eater....I feel that I am definitely addicted to food. Some days/weeks are good and I can keep myself in check, other days/weeks I fall into bad habits but this time I'm not giving up when I do. Even if I have a bad week, I know I must get back on track bc I refuse to get as fat as I was before.

These last 10lbs are a struggle and I keep losing a pound or two and gaining it back. I'm getting frustrated and down on myself that I can't lose the weight and I might even have gained back more than the pound or two. I'm feeling very fat and unhappy with myself which isn't helpful since I'm an emotional eater.

I'm not giving up though, I am determined to lose these 10lbs. I just wanted to share my weight loss journey bc it's not always going to be easy but it's your dedication and persistence that will help you reach your goals.

Before Full Length Photos:
    PxWogZW.jpg

After Full Length Photos:
    l8RGB4o.jpg

Before And After Face Photos:
    vtyki4C.jpg

Before and After Photos:
    Hn3Sgjx.jpg

UwtzGCF.jpg

You look awesome!!!
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You really do look awesome! Great job :)
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! Your hard work has paid off. Are you really sure you need to lose ten more pounds? Maybe your body is telling you where it feels best. What's your reason for wanting to lose ten more? Do you want to lose more inches? What if you focus on muscle strength and being leaner? That might be more encouraging than the number on the scale. :)
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great Job. What was ur start weight?
  • sak20011
    sak20011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You look a-m-a-z-i-n-g. What a transformation!

Just curious--do you feel that you need to lose 10# more because its a number in your head? You look very very fit, with muscle but without lots of extra padding. at any rate, congrats!
  • tealtortoise
    tealtortoise Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You have so much to be proud of! Loving that blue wallpaper, too!
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    YOu have made amazing progress. And if even you never lost another pound, you shouldn't feel down on yourself. But I will say since you are closer to your goal, you may be yo-yoing with a pound here and there because now that most of the fat is gone, your body is recompositioning. SO a gain of one pound or so may be muscle weight. I'd just work on strength training, and that way what weight you have will be toned and awesome.
  • SweetAzn
    SweetAzn Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    aemsley05 wrote: »
    Honey, you look amazing! Like you said, it's not always going to be easy but you've come such a long way and you must be so proud of yourself! It might be an idea to focus on some non-weight goals for a bit so those last few pounds aren't so distractingly annoying? Maybe get some more medals to add to your collection? Don't let the last few pounds get you down - you can absolutely do this! Well done! :)

P.S. you have lovely clothes!

Thank you so much! Your comment was really very sweet, positive and uplifting. I have a very skewed view of myself....when I was overweight, I didn't think I looked that heavy but now that I'm not overweight....I think I look like the person in my before pics. Good advice trying to focus on non weight related goals...maybe I will give that a try! ^_^
  • Fit2B135
    Fit2B135 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm inspired.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I would agree with aemsley. You look great and you should be proud of your weightloss achievement. Go for some fitness goals rather than scale goals! Thanks for sharing your pictures and story.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Kristen8912
    Kristen8912 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look gorgeous. Rock it. I am also 5'0" and have 50lbs to lose. I started a little over a month ago. You are my inspiration. Sometimes I think it's just a little harder for us shorties because we have to eat so much less than everyone else just to see a budge on the scale... great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!