Full Body Workouts Without Equipment

Options
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do full body workouts without the use of any equipment? (machines,dumbells, etc.)

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Check out the book

"Convict Conditioning" it's freaking awesome!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Most of my workouts are equipment free. Bodyweight exercises can be as challenging as weights if you make them more difficult.

Parks usually have plenty of equipment and the only tihng you really need is a chinup bar which you can buy for like $10-20 and attach it to a door frame.

Basically a circuit of Pullups,Pushups,Situps and Squats make a good starting point.

If you can do them, one of the best lower body exercises is the single leg squat. Most guys who can squat over 100kg with a bar will struggle to do 1 single leg squat due to the stability involved. I've been doing SLS for a while now and added 30kg worth of plates in front of me and am now stronger than ever.

Pushups can be made harder by elevating your feet or pressing your feet against the wall. Try not to slip :P

Look at basically gymnastic progressions. Frong stands can build big guns and levers can strengthen your chest/back/abs.

For an idea of equipment free hardcore workouts to build up to view :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsTKfUT-RQ

Or invest in a pair of rings. These will be more beneficial for rows/pullups/dips/pushups than anything in a gym
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    I only have 2lb and 5lb free weights (and no machines) and want to do some strength training. Can I do my whole body well without any equipment?
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Check out www.bodyrock.tv she has lots of great ideas for bodyweight exercises. She sometimes uses equipment, but you can find loads of exercises without.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yes...You can get a really good workout with no weights at all.

For a whole stack of ideas check out crossfits equipment free workouts

http://crossfitthreshold.wordpress.com/gymless-wods/
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I would suggest squats, lunges, push ups, planks crunches/sit ups, leg raises. If you don't have weights your can still do the should press, chest press, lateral raises etc with the weight. As more reps but going with the motions. If you google exercise at home there are heaps of great sites out there
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Check out the book

"Convict Conditioning" it's freaking awesome!

That book looks AMAZING!
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You can do a helluva lot without equipment. I have a couple of dumbells, a pad, and that's it. I have purchased some DVDs and they are helpful.

Best,

Debbie