Ladies...what should I be wearing to the gym?

Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't particularly care what others are wearing to the gym. I can't say I don't notice the guys, I do, but it's not what they're wearing that catches my attention. They might be using something I plan to use (I don't stare them down, just occasional glances to see if they are done) or they might be doing something that has me thinking " damn I wish I could do that."
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Strong%2BMan.jpg
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    awkward-pictures-of-men-in-shorts-from-the-1970s-2.jpg
    Just remember, we're no longer in the 70s. and you'll be just fine.

I totally have this workout dress in red. My heels are platform wedges, though. More arch support.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    4109AD2800000578-4566954-Interesting_Hologram_City_is_selling_lacy_see_through_shorts_for-m-4_1496427681489.jpg

After the work out.

Just. Don't.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Shorts over spats is what most BJJ guys wear. They prevent chafing when grappling. I have no idea why someone who is not doing contact sports would wear that to the gym. I'd say wear something comfortable and functional? Avoid the "diaper pant" and string tanks circa 1992 that some older body builders seem to favour though. Also personally I find head to toe labels really pretentious. Keep it simple, functional, comfortable.
  • x_desertcolt_x
    x_desertcolt_x Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Oh man...that string tank is my fav
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I just like when guys wear gym clothes that fit (not too baggy or sloppy) :smiley:
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    4109AD2800000578-4566954-Interesting_Hologram_City_is_selling_lacy_see_through_shorts_for-m-4_1496427681489.jpg

After the work out.

Just. Don't.

mama-like.gif?resize=570%2C251
  • RacquetChick
    RacquetChick Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Are you asking what to wear because you want to be noticed or blend in? I don't tend to notice anything people wear that is ordinary, however, ordinary clothes do not give people an opportunity to comment or make small talk with you. Honestly, there are a few people who have gotten my attention by their clothes. Usually, they will wear something I can relate to such as a mud run shirt (Arrrroooo Spartan!! or hey, I was there too!, etc). Sometimes people will wear a shirt that just has some whit on it that makes me walk by and say "Dude, love your shirt!". I have also been known to compliment the occasional awesome beard, tattoo, or hair. For the receiver of such compliments, it doesn't mean that I am interested, but I think you are awesome.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Jorts
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    There are about ten guys who work out at the same time as me, and I couldn't tell you what a single one has been wearing (including my husband!). I can't tell you what the women have been wearing, either. I CAN tell you what everyone's been lifting. I have to stare at something between sets. :)

I think leggings make sense, though. My husband has scraped up his legs some with one of his lifts; leggings may have helped.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Jorts

last word /end of thread.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I just like the gym shorts and t-shirt look. But dress to suit your workout I suppose

Suit you say?

workout_office.jpg
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    07a1e73ee379cc416cdd55cd1d27e6c2--crossfit-tank-tops-crossfit-gym.jpg
  • Meg_Megz
    Meg_Megz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Anything but neon or leopard ;)
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member