Working pattern

Options
Hi everyone, I work for a company that makes Sushi, and we have mixed hours for morning breaks and lunch. But we only get 10 minutes for morning and 25 for lunch, suppose to be 25 minutes for morning and 35 for lunch, reason being they want us back on the factory floor by a set time. My problem is, because of this I don't feel I can get the right meal patterns in let alone getting to the gym which I have started up ( July 4th ) I am up at 03:00 am Tuesday to Saturday for work and be on the bus for 04:50 am, I am trying to lose wight but I don't have time when I go shopping to look at the calories let alone the fat, if it has low fat I buy it. So can anyone give me any ideas on what to do for weight loss please

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Log the food you do eat? Eat the amount that keeps you in a calorie deficit.

I get up early for work too. I don't eat breakfast and barely get a lunch. You can do it!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Eating fat does not make you fat.
    Eating in a specific pattern is not necessary for fat loss.
    You could not eat all day and then have one meal at the end of the day and if you eat the appropriate amount of calories you will lose weight.
    You also don't have to go to the gym to lose weight, but it can help and is great for health. Don't stress out, go when you can make it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Shop on Sunday or Monday. Once you have figured out a core shopping list it will not take too much time. Do you have to carry it all home on the bus? I can see how that could be a pain.

Don't worry about what time you eat. You can fit a small bite to eat in 10 minutes or just eat during the 25 minute break. Then eat sometime outside of work hours. Or eat entirely outside of work hours (that's a personal preference thing.)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why don't you have time to look at calories when you shop? Are you shopping on your 10 minute break, if that is the case purchase foods before hand and bring a calorie allotted meal to work with you so you are prepared ahead of time.

You don't have to go to the gym to lose weight, many people lose just by watching their intake and not doing any additional exercise. There are plenty of benefits to exercise, so I encourage you to get it in whenever and however you can, but don't think you can't lose without it.

Sorry for the tough love, but you either want it or you don't. You will either make time to do what you need to do to lose weight or you won't. We all have our obstacles, no one can do it for you.

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I plan my shopping trips at home throughout the week and especailly prior to leaving for the store... and never go in unprepared. Now I just know what I need to buy every time. My list is pretty much the same.

Before I learned my staples and my do's and dont's, I used the database to fill my diary to see the nutritional values of foods I enjoy.

Every single person who wants things to change has to MAKE change happen...whether its packing quick snacks while at work, spending the weekend hours/off work browsing the internet or grocery store until it becomes common knowledge or work out at the end of the tiring day; even for 15 minutes to start.

Regardless of your situation the only thing standing in your way is you.
    You can do it.