Cheat day weight gain?

Options
2»

Replies

• DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I ate ~3k calories on Sunday, and was up 2.6 pounds Monday morning. Today (Wednesday), I'm back down 3.4, which is .8 below my pre-Oreo and Wine extravaganza. I ate basically normally the next two days (close to my kcal allotment, but not the healthiest foods), and drank plenty of water. As long as you have an overall deficit over time, don't worry about the scale after a 'cheat'. It'll come back down in a few days.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I've worked really hard to lose ten pounds in five weeks. I did it the healthy way of exercising more then I consume, exercise and counting calories. I've done well having a balanced diet, and changing my lifestyle. I went away for the weekend and didn't eat as healthy as I wanted, And I made a rule that exercise will not be punishment for what I eat, so I didn't go to gym because I worked out the previous five days and want exercise to be positive. Well after my weekend, I gained three pounds on scale and no way did I consume 3500 calories times three. Is this water weight...did I undo everything I worked for in two days? When should I reweigh myself? I'm trying to lose over 50 pounds, I'm trying to not get discouraged. Any advise????

You answered yourself.
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm up 10 pounds after a cheat weekend right now..lol. Went to the gym this morning and drinking plenty of water right now..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to people telling you to eat your exercise calories back! You certainly can eat some of them, but how accurately are you measuring your calorie burn? MFP, fitness trackers, and machines at the gym can't be 100% trusted. They are great for estimating and great for motivating, but I wouldn't trust them completely. Listen to your body. Eat healthy things when you are hungry, and drink lots of water. Don't worry about daily fluctuations in the scale. Weight loss is not linear. Sounds like you've got a good handle on this. Slow and steady wins the race.

I've always eaten mine back and lost as expected...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, now you know the effect of "cheating".