Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

CHINESE!!

Hello all you lovely people. I am meeting up with freinds on Saturday and we are going to lunch at this chinese/noodle place. I am going to have boiled rice but not sure what to have it with?? I like most things...Any advice? Dont want to blow my kcals out of the water for the week because I have been doing really well!!!

Also ADD ME :)

Replies

• Nodaa
    Nodaa Posts: 40
    I always choose boiled rice with chicken sweet sour. Sometimes, with vegetable spring-roll as side dish.

Choose what you like depending on your calories intake. What i do, i eat light meal for breakfast, so i save my calories for the lunch.
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    If you know which restaurant you are going to, find out if they have a website and see if they have posted their menu. This way when you get there you will already have your choices made. Hope this helps.
  • riverweed
    riverweed Posts: 10
    Tofu dishes (unless they're massively fried) should be safe, or fish. Be careful of MSG-laden soups, though! Enjoy your evening out! xx
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    chicken and snow peas?
    beef and broccoli
    anything not battered is what i go for.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Chinese is luscious but fattening in the uk, Chinese people aren't fat but they don't prepare the food for a Chinese market lol! I think have what u like, flush out with loads of water the following day coz you'll be salted up... And get back to it the next day... Enjoy x
  • YvetteHowarth
    YvetteHowarth Posts: 8 Member
    The best dish u can have is boiled rice with chicken and mushroom, or chicken chop suey. Sweet n sour is a no no as the batter is well fattening unless u get it with no batter but still masively high in sugar. Hope that helps
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Hi!

Eating out is always tough, but I would suggest that you don't have any rice, what's the point in boiled rice (dull!) when you could have more awesome protiens and veg. Probably best to steer away from the springrolls and such. Soups are good too. Chicken or tofu with veg in some kind of awesome sauce is good.

Oh man, I want chinese now.