New Month - New Goals

Options
natstar1021
natstar1021 Posts: 12 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I'm Natalie. Long time user but I tend to fall off the wagon. I'm 31, currently at 280 LBs and working towards a short term goal of 260 to prep for gastric sleeve. I have had hypothyroidism since birth and have had a total thyroid removal. Shout out to my fellow thyroid warriors!

Jumping back on the wagon and looking for support on and off this site. I've definitely been re-inspired after I found out one of my long time friends has passed due to complications from liver failure. He was only in his mid 30's.

My diary is open for anyone to view. I have a bachelor's in nutrition sciences and I am also a personal chef. I know how to eat healthy and make amazing food. But just been overindulging and drinking more than I should. Time to make some changes!

Thanks for reading! :D

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • Dori1812
    Dori1812 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm dori, Just like you I tend to fall off the wagon. Im 41. 199.74 lbs for 5.3". I have hypothyroid, Hashimoto and Crohn's disease. So I really need to lose weight but it's hard cause I get demotivated.
    Need support to stay in

Thanks
  • musiclovepoetry
    musiclovepoetry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Nicole and I always fall off th wagon as I get discouraged and demotivated. I currently weigh 255lbs and 5'2" and this is my heaviest ever. I want to get into shape for a long life ahead with my son. My goal is 180 right now.

I have endomendometriosis and chronic migraines but I want to over come the pain and get better!
  • Wotan48
    Wotan48 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can do it, one small change at a time. Good Luck lady.
  • natstar1021
    natstar1021 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support new friends!

I'm excited to get back on track. When I graduated college I was 220 and really happy with my weight and size, and now i'm 280 and nothing fits and I feel awful. A big problem I do have is because I love to cook for others I tend to graze and snack instead of sit down for full meals. Thats something being in the bariatric program is helping me with. Not to mention I also love beer -_- lol oi vey!