Hit a milestone yesterday (50K steps). What is your highest step day?

Options
8xps47mlnghc.png

9qflw0glm58y.png

To make a long story short, I was on the move for most of the day. 16 miles of it was done beginning at 6:45 AM on a hiking trail that spanned nearly the entire length of my home town. As you can see from my expanded step view, I also had to do a late night rally in order to push me over the threshold as midnight was rapidly approaching. This was basically just doing laps around my neighborhood.

As you might expect, I feel like death this morning as a result of yesterdays antics. My thighs, calves, and naturally feet are in pretty sad shape. I am also rocking a pretty serious sunburn. However, I am glad to have put in the time and effort to get to 50 as it has been something I have had my sights on for awhile.

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My biggest was on a day I ran a marathon, then walked the dog a mile or so after dinner. I don't remember the total, but it was a good one. I've walked farther when backpacking, but that was a long time before I had a watch that counted steps.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    April 17, 2017: 54,057 steps. Ran the Boston Marathon, made a serious effort to limit the number of steps I took before the race, and a less serious effort to keep the steps down after the race. I think I had a few thousand more April 18, 2016, when I didn't think to take the T to the bus stop before the marathon.

There comes a point when more steps in one day are counter-productive. I don't think I'll break 50K steps in one day again until April 16, 2018. And maybe by then I'll figure out a way to beat on my body less hard, and come in below 50K steps. The idea would be to recover from the marathon better and sooner.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    My last Ultra, 40 miles of trail. I did about 80K steps and 200 flights of stairs.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    8xps47mlnghc.png

9qflw0glm58y.png

To make a long story short, I was on the move for most of the day. 16 miles of it was done beginning at 6:45 AM on a hiking trail that spanned nearly the entire length of my home town. As you can see from my expanded step view, I also had to do a late night rally in order to push me over the threshold as midnight was rapidly approaching. This was basically just doing laps around my neighborhood.

As you might expect, I feel like death this morning as a result of yesterdays antics. My thighs, calves, and naturally feet are in pretty sad shape. I am also rocking a pretty serious sunburn. However, I am glad to have put in the time and effort to get to 50 as it has been something I have had my sights on for awhile.

The most astonishing thing to me is that you did that many steps on 4 hours of sleep!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    8xps47mlnghc.png

9qflw0glm58y.png

Were you walking or jogging/running? If walking, what type of shoes do you wear? The most I've walked is approx. 25,000 in one day but my feet and knees start to ache. I've been looking for new shoes and am interested in what you wear.

Nice job on the steps!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    this just put my 25k to shame lol! and I felt like death after that I can only hope to some day hit 50k in a day