change the daily cal intake ?????

Options
so question is.. in order to lose weight, whats a good cal intake to be on.. i thought 1750 that the my fitness pal put me on was good enough ? is this wrong ? should i adust it ? help please :)

Replies

• FatGirlSlim89
    Options
    Depends on your weight, height, activity level etc. I think that 1750 is enough if you are quite active, but personally I'd start at 1500, eating back my workout calories. That's just my opinion, I am by no means an expert!
  • TheJesterKing
    Options
    It should all vary by weight. I have heard a good rule of thumb, or best practice safely should be 1lb per week. 1750 sounds pretty close to correct though.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    The number MFP gives you is designed to have you lose the amount of weight you specify per week based on the profile info you fill out- Age, height, weight, activity level primarily. 1750 should be fine as long as you filled it out correctly.
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    thanks i have people tell me i should be lower... but i also wanna do it naturally, and not starve my body, and do it so when or if i do over do it, its not gonna jump back on me like it does when people go on the shakes... so i will stick to the amount that MFP has given me, as i did fill it out correct :) and if your not hungry u should eat something right ???? i'm about 600 cals off my dalily limit... and i havent had dinner yet.....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    600 for dinner sounds fine.
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I would go with what MFP gave you and not what other people say. You have to find what works for you. When I started here over a year ago it gave me over 1800 to begin with and I ate some of my exercise calories. So if the current cal intake doesn't work for you then try 1500 and eat back your exercise calories. I personnally would and will never go below 1500 cal intake. but that is just me. As I said you need to find what will work best for you.
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    realised i had filled it out... a little wrong i hand it set to lose 1 pound which is halfish 1 kilo here in australia,, so put it up to 2 pounds so now my intake is about 1250, but thats no excersise. when i add it, i will have more cals to use :)