Needing a lactose/dairy-free protein powder!

Options
e_v_v
e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
I was recently diagnosed with lactose intolerance. However, the majority of protein powders contain dairy ingredients. Help!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If you wanted a flavored powder, Vega makes several that are completely dairy-free (based on pea protein). Whole Foods makes a house-brand (labeled "Plant-Powered," I think) that is very similar. Manitoba Harvest makes hemp protein powders, I've been using their unflavored one recently. I've also seen soy protein powders, though I've never tried one.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am sensitive to lactose too, although this is self-diagnosed. Whey powders usually have varying amts in it. For myself it took trial and error. Luckily I have a bf who has used up all the rejects. The ones that work for me are GNC Pro Performance whey and Gold Standard whey. FYI am also sensitive to peanut butter and eggs but not allergic.
  • jremory
    jremory Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Gnc has a soy and a meat based.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I think Gold Standard by Optimal nutrition has whey isolate which does not hurt people with lactose intolorance. Someone look into this to see if I'm right? I'm just trying to help. Not sure.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I also have issues with lactose. Muscle Milk gives me no problems.
  • Trishous
    Trishous Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ancient Nutrition's Bone Broth Protein powder. I like the vanilla and coffee for smoothies and the pure for adding to soups and savory sauces. The chocolate didn't taste like chocolate just over sweet, My opinion only on this. It has no whey, no soy and no coconut.
  • MrsfitNJ
    MrsfitNJ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some wheys have low to no lactose, but they still bother my stomach. I use sunwarrior vegan protein and muscle egg whites.
  • nikolabird
    nikolabird Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Myprotein do vegan protein powder. Might be worth a look.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Mlo vegetable protein, spirutein
  • PammyCliffy
    PammyCliffy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Arbonne chocolate protein shake is the best vegan shake that I've tasted.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I use and am satisfied with MRM veggie protein shake.