Low calorie high energy snacks??

Options
Can someone please help with low calorie high energy snack ideas . I'm losing weight wile breastfeeding and need something to help keep my energy up :)

Replies

• ludds
    ludds Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat rice cakes with 15g of light cream cheese and occasionally a couple sliced of beetroot on top. I find this really filling for low calories. Or a whole mound of thinly sliced courgettes fried in 10 squirts of 1 cal butter flavoured spray, fried until they're nearly burnt.. A bit like healthy crisps! Or make a packet of sugar free jelly and blend with some 0% fat Greek yoghurt. Let it set and you have yummy low cal mousse!
  • npbgrace5396
    npbgrace5396 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Love, calories are a unit for energy! Low calories equals low energy and vice versa. It's more the question I think of what keeps you full and happy longer. That however is very individual.

True
  • npbgrace5396
    npbgrace5396 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ludds wrote: »
    I eat rice cakes with 15g of light cream cheese and occasionally a couple sliced of beetroot on top. I find this really filling for low calories. Or a whole mound of thinly sliced courgettes fried in 10 squirts of 1 cal butter flavoured spray, fried until they're nearly burnt.. A bit like healthy crisps! Or make a packet of sugar free jelly and blend with some 0% fat Greek yoghurt. Let it set and you have yummy low cal mousse!

Sounds good.. thanks!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    This is an oxymoron! Calories are a unit of energy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I find moderate exercise energizing.

As to what foods might be energizing, or at least not make you sleepy, this is very individual. Products made from wheat flour like bread make me sleepy; bread from sprouted grains does not. But this is of course not a universal truth.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    3 kids...3 breast feeding adventures... Ive never regained my energy. LOL <only partly kidding>

Feed your body adequate nutrition for you and baby and drink tons of water.
    Get moving daily. Light meals/ snacks throughout the day are helpful. Especially pre-made (by you or otherwise) so you dont have to fuss. Fruit, veggies with laughing cow cheese. An abundence of simple carbs would make me crash.

What are you feeling a lack of energy doing? You are feeding another human...it takes its toll. Also depending if its still a NB and no amount of food can replace sleep.