Does it matter regarding carbs / fat intake?

Options
Hello.
This is my third week here and finding it really quie :-D although Monday, Tuesday of this week were a struggle due to me being poorly.
I have looked at my diary for food and notice that I can not meet the full requirements for % of fat / carb in take of the day or sometimes my day rarely consists of protein! Does this really matter if every day I do not get any at all?
Many thanks for your replys and hope you are all getting on well :-)
Sarah x x

Replies

• LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I could be totally wrong but I always make sure my calories, carbs and fat are the the green and don't worry about the rest??
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Thankyou :)
    I find it hard sometimes but i will try my best and see what happens. I work on protein quiet a bit on times and carbs but not fat very much xx
  • danniellevigue
    Options
    all i count is calories, and i have lost over 100 lbs in a year or so. i am type one diabetic, so i look at the carbs, only to take insulin. the fat, and carbs i could care less about, as long as you eat healty i wouldn't worry about them.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    It's important to get a balance of carbs, fat, and protein. Protein is necessary if you want to build muscle! Incorporate more lean meats/fish into your diet so you can get an adequate amount of protein each day. MFP protein goals are set really low to begin with, so you need to at least try to meet that! More protein will also keep you feeling full longer, as will fiber.

In terms of carbs and fat, those are necessary to fuel your body with enough energy to get through the day. If you're working out and not getting enough food, your body uses up all the carbs and fat calories you ate, then literally starts eating your muscles for fuel.

Hope this helps!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Calories are the bottom line. I try to focus on my saturated fats and sodium but anything outside of calories are really based on your personal health goals. (I for example, have little regard for counting carbs- I eat what I eat on those)
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Calories are way more important when trying to lose weight.

Once you get to maintenance and you're trying to just gain muscle, then is when you need to concern yourself with how much carbs/protein/fat you eat.
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you ate 1,000 calories of lettuce a day, over 1,000 calories of potato/fat/chocolate etc. (obviously, don't do this!!) you are far more likely to lose weight on the lettuce because of the fat/carb intake. It is all worth watching :)
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for the comments! I've gone from 203lb to 145lb and have another 10lb ish to lose. I joined here to lose the last bit and so far lost 7lb in 2 weeks but just wondered on toning etc and what's best. Thankyou for all the comments :) xx