It CAN be done after 40!!!

Options

Replies

• natishawilson8358
    natishawilson8358 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I needed to hear that. I turn 40 tomorrow and have over 100 pounds to lose. I want my 40s to be healthier than my 30's. For my next birthday I want my bod to look like yours!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Wow @gymrat9293 I wouldn't have guessed that's the same person. Amazing well done

@natishawilson8358 turning 40 isn't all that bad. I'm in better shape in my 40s than my 30s. You can get it done!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You look amazing-great job! I'm 45, a fitness instructor, and in the best shape of my life. Way to go!
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing

I agree, I have lost 12.5kg (27.5 lbs) since Jan and at 43 am now the lightest and fittest I have been since a pre-teen (my body is nowhere near as toned as yours though)
  • gymrat9293
    gymrat9293 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I want to thank my best friend that helped me get here, LeanJL.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for sharing. I turned 42 last week and sometimes I catch myself in negative talk thinking that it doesn't matter now if I lose the weight now at my age because I will just be wrinkly and flabby.

I hear ya. I totally let myself go at 40 when I succumbed to stress at work and got into the headspace of I'm old now, who cares. Really?! What was I thinking? Thank goodness I let go of that negative thinking. I have a different outlook now and am more focused on strength training, mobility, and slow fat loss.
  • LaRelicHunter
    LaRelicHunter Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Did it at 55 years old.
    85 pounds loss since Jan 15th.
    181-183 now maintaining.
  • Fit2B135
    Fit2B135 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has been my Bible since January 11th. Gone from 185 down to as low as 138 and maintaining 140-142. I'm 5'9, and have gone from a size 12 to a size 4 / 6 in right around 5 months. I log EVERYTHING, and run one mile a day. So thankful for this app and this community!

What other workouts do you do?
  • momofpgn
    momofpgn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just the words I needed to hear!! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Congrats OP and all the other success stories on this thread. You should all be proud of your accomplishments. I am 50 and have lost 54 pounds since the start of the year.

First photo is of me this weekend at 171 and second photo is of me, my wife and daughter when I was at 225. My wife also 50 has lost 32 pounds since this photo was taken.
  • Richardcag
    Richardcag Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Fantastic effort.
  • 12weekschallengeSept12
    Options
    splendid achievement, congratulations, Continue to inspire others.
  • jremory
    jremory Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I'm 43 and on the same journey.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I turned 42 this year & I hope to be getting myself back in shape, too!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have to say though, skin doesn't spring back so easily as I age and I'm really hating these dang flabby underarm bits. I'm quite proud of my arms until I lift them up and all I can see is the flabby bit. Sigh.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Started 3 years ago at age 59. Lost 150. Now maintaining since Sept. It can be done and I totally agree with this:
    LotusCass wrote: »
    Amazing changes, well done!!

I'm finding it easier to lose in my 40's than when I was in my 30's. I think my determination and outlook on life has changed though.

Even if this were true, which it is NOT, it's better than dead:
    Amazing! Thanks for sharing. I turned 42 last week and sometimes I catch myself in negative talk thinking that it doesn't matter now if I lose the weight now at my age because I will just be wrinkly and flabby.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'll be 50 in November. After stepping on the scales January 1st at 214 lbs, I vowed that I would lose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday. Well, I've lost the 50 pounds already, so now I want to weigh 150 by 50. I can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!