Losing this weight

Options
A few weeks ago I weighed 265 and I weighed myself today at around 254.6 and that was with bad eating habits but just cutting out pop.

I've currently decided to go on a modified military diet by just limiting my daily intake of calories and cutting out anything sugary. Mixing it with some light cardio and a little weight lifting.

I'm wondering if I keep up by only taking in about 1400 calories and drinking lots of water that I can lose around 30 lbs in 2 months or a little over? I need all the help I can get.

Replies

• preston4792
    preston4792 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    30 pounds in 2 months is quite a lot. Why the rush?

Also as a male you should be eating 1500 calories at the very least, if not the goal MFP gave you. And drop the military diet ASAP.

Well in about 2 months or so time I'm going to be enlisting into the Navy and I've just slacked. So I'm trying to get the weight down.
  • princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I weighed 265 and I weighed myself today at around 254.6 and that was with bad eating habits but just cutting out pop.

I've currently decided to go on a modified military diet by just limiting my daily intake of calories and cutting out anything sugary. Mixing it with some light cardio and a little weight lifting.

I'm wondering if I keep up by only taking in about 1400 calories and drinking lots of water that I can lose around 30 lbs in 2 months or a little over? I need all the help I can get.

30 lbs in 2 months seems a bit too big of a goal but that doesn't mean that your weight loss wont be effective or that you will be unhappy with your results.
    Just try and make sure that you are not pushing yourself too hard or else you might laps on your diet.
    Good luck!
  • preston4792
    Options

30 lbs in 2 months seems a bit too big of a goal but that doesn't mean that your weight loss wont be effective or that you will be unhappy with your results.
    Just try and make sure that you are not pushing yourself too hard or else you might laps on your diet.
    Good luck!

Thank you. I mean realistically I know it'll be tough and the likely hood of everything going through my mind won't go as planned. I can always just get down about 10-15 lbs and then get with my recruiter and him working me. Just didn't wanna go until I worked for myself and not someone making me work.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    get on the treadmill at the steepest incline you can muster and try to get it over 3.5 mph and work up! AND Jacob's ladder both burn calories ---you need 1000 calorie deficit A DAY to lose 2 pounds a week--so short of starving you will have to burn calories--fast! Walking takes FOREVER--the INCLINE really burns the calories---I do 4.5 mph at 15 incline for 60 mins---1200 calories --BOOM!!!

To lose 30 pounds in 2 months is 1750 calorie DEFICIT a day--and you need to eat at least 1500 cals a day! The first week of any diet you lose a lot of fluid---make sure you keep up urine output--exercise means lots of water needed! Be prepared to exercise for 4 hours a day!!
  • timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm aware fitness is more important than weight for the millatry so find out what the required exersises are and work on them with weight loss a secondary benifit for now, when you start with the navy your whole lifestyle and diet will change anyway x good luck
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Is 225 enough to for the U.S. Navy to take you? That's still obese and they kick obese people out.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I think you would be able to hit 20-25 pounds at your size if you are careful. One percent per week would have you around 230 in 10 weeks. That assumes everything goes according to plan, which is rare but possible.
  • preston4792
    Options
    Is 225 enough to for the U.S. Navy to take you? That's still obese and they kick obese people out.

No-no for my height I'd have to be down to 195-200. I am getting down to that weight before I speak to my recruiter and get into DEP so I can lose the next 15-20 lbs and then just get sent to MEPs
  • preston4792
    Options
    As far as I'm aware fitness is more important than weight for the millatry so find out what the required exersises are and work on them with weight loss a secondary benifit for now, when you start with the navy your whole lifestyle and diet will change anyway x good luck

All branches have weight requirements or standards before they'll even ship you to basic. If anything if your over the weight by a little they may be able to waiver.