Sugar free diet

Options
mabelQuin
mabelQuin Posts: 4 Member
I started a sugar free diet like a month ago I was 233 pounds now I am 212 I lost 20 pounds now I want to lose 40 in 4 or 5 month to get out of the obese level so my blood pressure is really good 120/83

Replies

• ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great job. Sf is hard.
  • KIZZIEFIT
    KIZZIEFIT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Good job! Twenty pounds makes a big difference doesn't it?
  • matt151200
    matt151200 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is how you lose it not because of sugar ...and am guessing it's been low carbs u have been on so that will flush out a lot of water weight never the less well done weight loss is hard what ever way you choose to do it
  • chafoxeymitchner
    chafoxeymitchner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So no fruit either?
  • gtimmons2
    gtimmons2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I watched an interesting doc last night on Amazon Prime, "That sugar film". It might be on Netflix or some place else but it may well be worth the time to watch.
  • Coco_Camm
    Coco_Camm Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Are you totally sugar free or are you avoiding added sugar?

I gave up added sugar when I did the Whole30 and I dont miss it. Added sugar is EVERYWHERE and is the devil. I do eat plenty of fruit yum
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I do the keto diet myself. Counting calories got me a short distance but then I got stalled. Even going to the gym 5 days a week, doing low calorie every day and my weight wouldn't budge under 160. Gave up and gained 20 back. Then went sugar free / low carb and lost all that weight + some without even touching the gym. I start the gym in 2 weeks again and so excited to see the last of this weight come off. Good job!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I do the keto diet myself. Counting calories got me a short distance but then I got stalled. Even going to the gym 5 days a week, doing low calorie every day and my weight wouldn't budge under 160. Gave up and gained 20 back. Then went sugar free / low carb and lost all that weight + some without even touching the gym. I start the gym in 2 weeks again and so excited to see the last of this weight come off. Good job!

Elimination diets can help some people log their calories more accurately. Weight loss is still calories in vs. calories out.....high carb, moderate carb or low carb.
  • sueberlin
    sueberlin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have managed this year once 4 weeks sugar/flour free and and once 5 weeks. I want to get to the point to live forever sugar(added sugar) and flour free.
  • Rosesandhealth
    Rosesandhealth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost 15lbs cutting out sugar! Good job. I still ate fruit though (in moderation). I found that eating only wholegrain carbs like brown rice, wheat bread, and oats helped a lot too. Amazingly, I felt so much better cutting it out too and my skin looked smoother.
    Unfortunately, I'm struggling to eliminate most sugar from my diet right now while away at college.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!