Turbo fire questions

Options
For everyone who has done this, do I need any equipment for this exercise? Also, is this suitable for beginners? Thanks!

Replies

• monikki39
    monikki39 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In the class I go to you do not need to bring equipment. If you have done kickboxing it is similar, just faster. As a beginner it just might take you a couple classes to get used to the steps involved. I LOVE it!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If you are buying the videos it comes with a resistance band which you need for some of the core/sculpt/tone workouts. If you are just doing the cardio then no, nothing is needed.

The workouts are very high impact (although there is the option to modify them low impact) so I would imagine as long as you are okay to jump up and down for upwards of 55 minutes you should be good.

The moves are pretty tricky to get down the first few times - don't get discouraged though, it gets easier and it is by far, the most fun workout I have ever done!
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a Turbo Jam veteran...I had done it for 2 years before ordering Turbo Fire. If you have doubts about being a beginner and doing this workout, you can do the 9 week prep schedule before you dive into the regular "class" schedule. I took this route and it helped me TONS. It gives you a chance to get the routines down. Oh and you should do the "new to class" option on the DVDs. It's a breakdown of each routine.
    As for equipment, you really don't need anything, but I recommend weighted gloves and a yoga mat. For the strength classes you'll need a resistance band (but I think that comes with it depending on if you ordered the deluxe version of the workout).
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    But is it really necessary to have the resistance band? Or the moves can be modified?
    I can't really afford to buy the whole DVD set so I'm going to buy a 2nd hand one. It doesn't include the bands though.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You'll want the bands for the sculpting work. You could always pick up a band at Target or wherever if you needed to though. The toning work is important! And, I agree, definitely do the "New to Class" options first to learn the moves--it does move fast once you're into the real workouts. Love the HIIT's though!!! LOVE!
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Buy a band from Target or Wal-mart. They're less than $10 and really add to your workout.
  • psychofied
    Options
    Oh thanks for the replies! Is it required to workout everyday?

I also tried to look for some resistance bands but they're worth $30 here. :|
  • psychofied
    Options
    Oh, can weights substitute for the resistance bands? Please help!!
  • SydandPaigesMom
    SydandPaigesMom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing week 6 of the prep schedule. When I started I was 218 lbs and hadn't worked out in years. If I can do it, anyone can :D

I suppose you could substitute lights weights for the resistance bands for some of the moves, however I believe there will be some you can't do that for. I bought my resistance bands at Target for less then $10. I'm sorry you're having a hard time finding them cheaper then $30 :(
  • psychofied
    Options
    Did you lose a lot from it?

Also, you only need 1 resistance band? Is this how it looks like?
    http://www.extremebodyworkout.com/skin/frontend/extreme_body_workout/default/images/turbofire/complete3.jpg

sorry for having a lot of questions. But i'm really interested! And thanks!
  • SydandPaigesMom
    SydandPaigesMom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well I began on June 20th, am doing the 9 week prep schedule (6 days a week with a rest day on Wednesday). I started at 218.8 lbs and was 204 when I weighed myself last Wednesday. So 14.8 lbs in 5 weeks? I also completely changed my eating habits, and I believe that has a lot to do with it.

You only need one resistance band and yes that it what one looks like. It is basically a long piece of rubber with handles on each end to hold onto.

Don't worry about having questions! It's what we're here for :)
  • psychofied
    Options
    Thanks a lot! You're a great help! I hope I can get a resistance band for a cheap price here.
    Thank you again! <3