Options
draftman
draftman Posts: 3 Member
I'm in need of motivation

Replies

• EileenHJ
    EileenHJ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome draftman - you've come to the right place. People are great on here. Feel free to add me as a friend. Have a great day!! :)
  • irenehamilton733
    irenehamilton733 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Never give up, you can do it! Remember you didn't put your weight on overnight and you're not going to take it off overnight, baby steps, don't let it discourage you. I was 283, on Monday I weighted in at 199.8. I was down to 160 but have had a lot of stress over the last couple of years and a 40+ pound weight gain was the end result. I would recommend joining TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), they are very helpful and going to a weekly meeting where you weight in are great for accountability! They have wonderful programs, recipes and share thoughts and ideas for losing weight and maintaining the loss. They are there to help motivate and encourage each other. Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend, I don't know how to do it, lol.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    The hardest step is always the first one. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Any are free to add me as well!
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to find my way on this journey, too, but feel free to add me as a friend.
  • samanthadunn8t5
    samanthadunn8t5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I'm 6 weeks into this and still learning! Feel free to add me x
  • manhnguyen123
    manhnguyen123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and ask me anything
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Motivation only gets you started. You need habits, consistency, and support. My advice as someone who lost over 85lbs, and am in the best overall shape of my life at age 42:

1. Use MFP consistently and religiously You do that alone and you will lose weight.
    2. Find a form of exercise you love. If you love it, you will stick with it, and it won't feel like work. I hate traditional gyms. They bore me to tears which is the reason I had been on gain/off again all my life. I discovered BJJ/MMA and train my *kitten* off. I love it and am always looking for a way to fit another session in stead of dreading working out like I used to.
    3. Support - if you have trouble finding support from your friends/family, there are plenty of people here that will support you as well as hold you accountable.

You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cls2084
    cls2084 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need motivation here too! I really want to learn to love working out. I find it boring so I do not go for as long as I should.