Back for the umpteenth time

Options
celiah909
celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
I am 36, 5’8, a mom to three, and frustrated with my weight. I started at 145lbs before I had my boys and felt good at that weight although I wanted to be more tone and in shape. I wasn’t really healthy then and was at a lower weight due to an unhealthy lifestyle of hardly eating and smoking like crazy. I got pregnant with my son in 2007, quit smoking right at the start of the pregnancy, gained at least 80 pounds and held onto 40 of it for the year after he was born. I felt and looked awful.

In late 2009 I got pregnant with my second son and only gained about 20lbs and went right back to 185 within weeks of him being born. I started using MFP and got to 165lbs. I was feeling really good and then stopped using MFP. Since then I have gone back and forth and kept going between 152 and 165 – and this last time I dropped off MFP I have gained the most back, I weighed myself today and am at 175. I knew I had gained a lot. I look large, I feel large and my body is paying for it. To know that I am now 30lbs from my goal weight and only 10 from my starting was hard to see. I knew it was happening though cause I feel my clothes not fitting and could see myself in pictures. This post is me also admitting to myself that I need to keep track of what I eat and actually pay attention to it. Somewhere along the line I have lost having a healthy relationship with food.

This last time I even went as far as to completely delete my MFP account so I am here with a new one now.

I know what I need to do and I know what is hurting me. I know I overeat, I know I eat when I am not hungry and I know I don’t move enough lately. I won’t make excuses for myself cause they would only be excuses and I am not going there. So I am back, open for new friends cause I enjoy the motivation and support and this is my last yo-yo.

Replies

• manhnguyen123
    manhnguyen123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and ask me anything. It's a lifestyle change you're looking for, not a diet. A lot of people have a tendency to jump face first into this change they're making and it usually goes badly. Enjoy the experience. Do what you like in moderation. Ask questions.
  • peggy13794
    peggy13794 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm back for the umpteenth time myself! It really helps me to track my eating and that's why I'm back again. Feel free to add me.
  • Thunderbear2017
    Thunderbear2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get myself back for the umpteenth time, so you are ahead of me! :)
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Another "umpteen-er" here! :) We GOT this!!!!
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    True to yourself, that's one of the keys to this thing isnt it? Give yourself a big ol' hug and kiss the mirror because stepping into this journey is like loving yourself enough. I had 100 pounds to lose when I started this nonsense and I have discovered (after losing 76 of it) that the key is loving me enough to give myself a gift every day! Every damn day my gift is: time for logging, time for thoughtful fueling my body , not feeding the beast! Go get it!!!!