TEN MORE POUNDS (for the last 7 months -venting-)!

Options
I can't seem to get these last ten pounds off! I've been dieting (which for the last 60 pounds worked perfectly) but for some reason it is having no effect on these last dreaded pounds. I'm going bonkers at this point. I fluctuate between 140-144 and my goal is 130. I just need to vent and hopefully you all can give me some advice about ways to switch it up? Thank you all so much for your advice and letting me vent.

Replies

• rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    carb up one day have like over 100 carbs and then for the next 3 days no carbs or up to 30 carbs those days... works for me !!
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    what is your diet now ?
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    What is your goal to lose per week? The last 10 lbs you should consider having your goal at .5-1lb per week. And weigh your intake if you aren't already. To insure accuracy with calories consumed.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    For the last couple pounds, you have to be SUPER accurate when logging. If you don't have a food scale, get one. Measure EVERYTHING. You may also need to either eat less now than your were before at a heavier weight (I would re-calculate your BMR), or incorporate some physical activity if you aren't already. Don't eat back all your exercise calories either. At the most, eat back only half.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It's easy to lose focus on the last ten pounds. I mean, you're a "pretty good" weight as it is. Right? You have to go back to what drove you initially. The "this isn't good enough and I'm going to make some changes now" mentality. No more slip up meals, missed weighing of foods, missed logging, etc. Since you've now learned how to maintain in a 4 pound range you just need to become determined to "just do it" and get to GW and maintain at that point, not where you are now. This is where I am as well, and it's time for me to kick it up a notch and lose the ten before Halloween.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    rinigirl76 wrote: »
    what is your diet now ?

I'm just doing CICO. I try to stay under 1300 calories a day. And under 100 carbs. Other than that, I let myself eat what I want.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What is your goal to lose per week? The last 10 lbs you should consider having your goal at .5-1lb per week. And weigh your intake if you aren't already. To insure accuracy with calories consumed.

I'm really only hoping for .5-1 lb a week. I don't feel like I'm even getting that though. I suppose I could really hunker down and pull out the food scale again, but I prefer to just eat small portions. I used that scale for 8 months, I feel like I can weigh by sight now lol. (joking)