Gain weight apetamin

Options
I'm 39 5'3 and weigh 96 pounds. Can't gain weight to save my life. I bought 4 cases of ensure plus and Boost high calorie and did not gain 1 pound. I Found something called apetamin, so I order. I heard it's a lifesaver for skinny people. I took it 3 times 10ml yesterday no increase in appetite yet. How long does it take for u to start feeling hungry? It made me sleepy like everybody said but not hungry yet.

Replies

• Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but gonna be a waste of money. These no magic pill to gain weight it's just hard work, eat eat eat.
    I was like this about 2months ago. Thought eating 3000kcal a day was great but never put anything on at all. I went to see a diet/nutritionist turned out what I thought I was eating was good wasn't working for my body and I was basically eating myself from the inside.
    I get a check up every two weeks and now up to just under 5000kcals. And starting to find it easy to eat this much.

More then welcome to add me and look what I'm eating
  • Tha1Tiff
    Tha1Tiff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and was 98lbs. I could NOT gain weight even after I had a baby I went back down. I've always been small but I could not get over 98-100 and stay there. Got blood work done all that was great, got the Nexplanon implant (birth control) taken out and that didn't help, did make my appetite better but still wasn't gaining. So finally, 3 weeks ago, I start doing research. Decided I am going to build muscle. So, 3 weeks later I am at 100lbs and not going under. I get over 2300k calories a day, protein as well. I haven't done protein powders and going to try and stay away from them. But just getting 800-900 calories for breakfast and eating snacks that are high in calories plus a good lunch and dinner seem to be helping. Cut out all soda and sweets just been drinking mostly water. I can tell there is more muscle on my back and thighs getting thicker and can't see my ribs as much.

P.s.. I also workout, doing 100 squats (10 sets of 10 different squats). A cardio warm up workout, then the squats, the a full body work out challenge. Push ups, crunches, lunges and the squats. Then a cool down exercise. I can tell a difference in just 3 weeks! Change your mind set and if you really want it you can do it.
  • mzlikklebit
    mzlikklebit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 5'3 and weigh 96 pounds. Can't gain weight to save my life. I bought 4 cases of ensure plus and Boost high calorie and did not gain 1 pound. I Found something called apetamin, so I order. I heard it's a lifesaver for skinny people. I took it 3 times 10ml yesterday no increase in appetite yet. How long does it take for u to start feeling hungry? It made me sleepy like everybody said but not hungry yet.
    It didn't make me hungry like everyone said but I was able to to finish meals n it helped me gain 14lbs
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

Nothing will matter if you can't get calories high enough. The below thread should help. I will note, all previous users that use apetamin have come back and complained about how most of their weight gain was in the stomach.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • Amyleex3
    Amyleex3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi im 36 and im 5'7 i can never gain weight only when im pregnant lol.. I cant tell u this is the right way but i just started buying ensure plus mix that with this protein weight gain powder from gnc the guy said it will help plus i add in chocolate ice cream . I gain 2 pounds in a week. But look on youtube they show diff ways..
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Amyleex3 wrote: »
    Hi im 36 and im 5'7 i can never gain weight only when im pregnant lol.. I cant tell u this is the right way but i just started buying ensure plus mix that with this protein weight gain powder from gnc the guy said it will help plus i add in chocolate ice cream . I gain 2 pounds in a week. But look on youtube they show diff ways..

2lbs in a week will be water, food and a bit of fat.
  • Boobie804
    Boobie804 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It didn't make me hungry like everyone said but I was able to to finish meals n it helped me gain 14lbs

Thanks I was getting worried. Samehere I'm never hungry but I'm able to finish the whole meal now.
  • Boobie804
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Nothing will matter if you can't get calories high enough. The below thread should help. I will note, all previous users that use apetamin have come back and complained about how most of their weight gain was in the stomach.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Yesterday my intake was 3800 so I trying to consume that daily. I will NEVER complain about getting fat....lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Boobie804 wrote: »

Yesterday my intake was 3800 so I trying to consume that daily. I will NEVER complain about getting fat....lol

Ironically, that is literally what all the other posters said too. But then they realized they didnt get what they wanted. I will note, aggressive weight gain will causes aggressive fat gain, which can lead to a higher risk of certain diseases. So I'd caution aiming to gain fast to correct a long term problem because it can create another long term issue. Instead, go at a slower pace, incorporate some resistance training and get the body you want. Yes, in the short term, it takes longer, but learning how many calories you need, will help you maintain.

It's no different than those who try to diet aggressively with no maintenance strategy. It's why they rebound and gain more weight. Relying on a stimulant, is not going to help you be successful. Learning what foods you need to help sustain you weight, is what is really important.
  • Boobie804
    Options
    Boobie804 wrote: »

Ironically, that is literally what all the other posters said too. But then they realized they didnt get what they wanted. I will note, aggressive weight gain will causes aggressive fat gain, which can lead to a higher risk of certain diseases. So I'd caution aiming to gain fast to correct a long term problem because it can create another long term issue. Instead, go at a slower pace, incorporate some resistance training and get the body you want. Yes, in the short term, it takes longer, but learning how many calories you need, will help you maintain.

It's no different than those who try to diet aggressively with no maintenance strategy. It's why they rebound and gain more weight. Relying on a stimulant, is not going to help you be successful. Learning what foods you need to help sustain you weight, is what is really important.

Thank you for your help but of course I'm stubborn. Now that I'm gaining weight ain't no turning back now.
  • Boobie804
    Options
    Amyleex3 wrote: »

Yes i use yo gain weight from ensure plus not this time. I order 4 24 cases and did not gain one pound. IDk why but apetamin is working for me
  • kaysphifer
    kaysphifer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can only gain weight if I take Apetamin! I used to weigh 135 when I was taking it but the moment I stopped, I dropped down to 115. I've been taking it on and off for 4 years. Now that I've dropped to 115 I'm trying my hardest not to start back taking it. I feel like it puts on easy weight like fat. You gain it fast and lose it faster. However if my weight go below 115 I will get back on it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    kaysphifer wrote: »
    I can only gain weight if I take Apetamin! I used to weigh 135 when I was taking it but the moment I stopped, I dropped down to 115. I've been taking it on and off for 4 years. Now that I've dropped to 115 I'm trying my hardest not to start back taking it. I feel like it puts on easy weight like fat. You gain it fast and lose it faster. However if my weight go below 115 I will get back on it.

Just eat more.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I've never taken ampetamin. But I can relate to not being able to eat enough and struggled for years to gain weight. I've only been successful since I've been logging and using mfp.
    I can understand the temptation to use something which increases your appetite. I would think the main problem is that on its own,it doesn't encourage different eating habits. I had to let go of a lot of myths and bad habits before I was able to gain weight. My appetite has now improved and I have gained the weight I wanted to gain,plus I now have a better idea of how to maintain it. It seems to me that ampetamin isn't a long term solution as many people lose weight again when they stop taking it. Weight gain means lifestyle changes in the same way weight loss does