Plateau? Not Eating Enough?

Options
Hi, friends:
I have been taking phentermine for appetite suppression. I have been watching my calories and have logged in 45 days in a row. I am also going through maintenance chemo for cancer every three weeks. Sometimes I feel like eating and sometimes I don't. Sometimes, after having only eaten 500-800 calories, I will wake up having gained a pound. I lost about twelve pounds on the phentermine in the last month or so, but can I really gain from not eating enough? Thanks for any info!

Replies

• Nur5eshelley
    Nur5eshelley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you getting steroids along with the chemo? I could never lose while in chemo because of them.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something you have to talk to your doctor about. You're talking about two medications that may or may not interact and cause system-wide changes to your body; there's no way to know what's normal or not for you right now.
  • Dharma36
    Dharma36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I spoke with my oncologist who said as long as my blood pressure was okay, it was fine for me to take phentermine. Beyond that, who knows what is going on?
  • Dharma36
    Dharma36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No steroids currently. I was getting a hefty dosage and was basically up for three days afterwards moving furniture around. Haha Currently, I am just on maintenance chemo to keep the tumors dormant. My body is a hot mess currently. I had stage 4 ovarian cancer at 20, so they did the complete hysterectomy, chemo, and put me on estrogen. I had a recurrence of the same cancer but in my left lung last year. So I am off the estrogen, was on awful chemo drugs and steroids and since there is no cure, just doing maintenance chemo to see where that leads us. Thanks for your response!