I ate too much on 4th of july and the next day

Options
I ate too much bad food on July 4th because I was helping set up for party and then I ate all the food then the next day I ate bad food too I'm sad

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Most of us did. No point in being sad over it. Log it and move on. It's just a blip in the overall grand scheme of things.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It happens. After a month of being 100% on track, I over-ate for four days and then binged big-time. But I can't change the past so I have two choices. I can either dwell on what happened, be in a negative mental place, decide to stop caring, and end up gaining weight. Or I can decide to stop that cycle by focusing on making good decisions for today, preparing for a healthy tomorrow, and feeling good about being able to bounce back.

After "off-days" it helps me to drink a TON of water. It helps shed the water weight gained, it makes me feel healthy, and helps keep me full.

I used to beat myself up every time I "messed up" and all I did was lose and gain the first 15 lbs. Now I just try to move on as quickly as possible, and without "punishing" myself by being overly restrictive. I still gain and lose weight fairly often but not as drastically, and over time the weight is going down. I used to bounce between 200-215 lbs. Now I bounce between 190-195 lbs. Not a huge loss overall but it's better than the alternative- constantly reaching a new high weight- that's exactly what happened for years and what I'm sure would still be happening if I hadn't worked on being more positive and being kinder to myself. I'm also happier than I used to be- I don't hate the whole "trying to lose weight" thing because by being positive, I'm not putting as much miserable stress on myself. I've learned that I can bounce back and that with time, the weight will come off, even if it takes a long time. It's a comforting thought, and helps me through the days I feel bad about my choices.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Me too. I weighed myself the next day and the scale showed five more pounds. I'm pretty sure I didn't actually gain 5 pounds. So i'm trying to keep a cool head, drink lots of water, and have gotten myself back on track. Even did a little exercise today! Give yourself a mini goal and try not to pay attention to the scale for a few days.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It wasn't that you ate "bad" food, it's that you ate too much food. Log those days the best you can and move on. Food is neither good nor bad as long as it doesn't make you ill.
  • ranaeblade
    ranaeblade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did too, but if you don't let it snowball and get back on track right away you will be fine. Its okay don't beat your self up it will only lead to feeling bad and eating bad. After one or two of a bing I will get up early in the morning and go for a long run then drink tons of water with lemon and helps to get me back on track. Be proud of yourself for getting back on track.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So what? Today is the 7th and it's a new day and new beginning. Move on now!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Oh well, today's a new day. If you keep at it, this will just be a blip in your weight loss plan. And a lesson learned.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    So did I but back on track and back losing weight
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a mere two days...out of 365 in a year. I think you'll be alright.