Will I fit at Universal Studios Florida?

Options
Next week I am going to Universal Studios Florida. More importantly, I am going to the Harry Potter parks. I have been looking forward to this for two weeks. I have heard that their rides do not seat bigger people very well. I will be so heart broken and mortified if I have to leave the ride due to my size. I am 240 5ft 2in with. 39 inch waist. I'm somewhere between a pear and hour glass shape. Do you think that I will fit?

Replies

• TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I went two years ago, I was around 230/235 (solid size 18 but close to 20) at the time and I fit okay. I'm definitely bigger in the hips, legs area and smaller on top.. I'm not sure if a chestier person would have issues. In any case even if you don't don't do the ride, the rest of the "scenery" is totally worth it if you love HP. Also, at the start of the ride is a seat you can check if you fit before going on. You'll have fun regardless :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Does the Universal Studios website list measurements for their rides so people can check in advance?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    TorStar80 wrote: »
    ...Also, at the start of the ride is a seat you can check if you fit before going on...

Oh, wow. That's a really good idea. So people don't have to waste their time in line only to be frustrated and embarrassed at the end when they can't fit.
  • L0Lnikki
    L0Lnikki Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Most of their rides have "modified" seats as they call them. I live in FL & frequent universal. Years ago we had a friend, who was very tall & thick, & for almost all the rides they were able to accommodate him.
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you will fit. I went not long ago and fit on everything. There were a few rides that were tight but managable. I am 5'9" and was size 22 at the time. Universal has a test seat at most of their rides. Test it to make sure if you are worried about it.
    Gringotts was the tightest fit for me. It also worked best when I sat with my son since he is smaller than my husband.

I absolutely love Universal and visit a few times a year!

You are going to have such a great time!