New!

Options
Diiivaa_d
Diiivaa_d Posts: 8 Member
I'm new I guess to this app. Not sure how to do anything or if you can connect with people. If someone wants to take me under their wing and help me out that would be AMAZING!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome,

this post talks about how to accurately log and goes through how to use some of the tools on the site. You may find it helpful. For friends usually its best to just snoop around the forums for a little bit, and buddy up with some people who seem to have similar interests as you. Also, if you are into a specific sport or way of eating there are plenty of groups you can join.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

~Best wishes
  • manhnguyen123
    manhnguyen123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and ask me anything
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I've been through this rodeo a few times, and am down 30 pounds so far. Starting with a new program and regimen for the next 30. Add if you want support :)
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    its great that u r ready to face this problem,u might find this helpful

1. buy a food scale (the most important tool u need)
    2. set up a profile with an easy goal at first (start with .5 or 1lbs a week for the first 2 weeks to ease ur body into it). u can go for -2lbs/week if u like after u get comfortable with ur new lifestyle
    3. take up exercising (try only eat back half of what u think u burned at max)
    4. join an online challenge
    5. ditch any non supportive friends
    6. donate all junk foods
    7. dont tell people that u r trying to lose weight coz most will tell u to EAT MORE (smile n ignore them if they do but do not give in coz u have a goal n they dont)
    8. LOG everything u eat consistently

good luck!

PS. u r trying to lose weight, right?
  • Diiivaa_d
    Diiivaa_d Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @beanz744 yes I'm trying to lose some like 40 to 50 lbs to be at 120-125. I want to tone and build muscle too. I just need someone to help hold me accountable to go to the gym 5 days a week. I was going to the gym 3x per week but stopped and haven't gone back for about 3 months! And I'm not sure how to add anybody yet.. I've had a couple people add me.