Does the 5 week predicted wieght loss happen?

Options
reatk
reatk Posts: 11 Member
Hi all, so I'm fairly new to starting this again and actually following it this time! I was wondering if anyone had actually got to the 5 week predicted weight loss that you are given when you save your daily diary?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    Did you notice the part where the prediction is premised on the condition that every day be like today? Do you plan to eat the exact same number of calories for 35 days straight, and exercise the same amount for 35 days?

My experience during my initial weight loss phase was that MFP underestimated how much I would lose. Your mileage may vary.
  • reatk
    reatk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yea I noticed it was for that day, I just wondered if it was in the ball park for what people lost sticking to them calories and exercise.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    For me, not at all. But I have seen posts from others that it was very accurate. This has been asked many many many times - you can do a search - but basically from what I can tell it is about 50/50 accurate and totally not accurate. Just depends who you ask.
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    but basically from what I can tell it is about 50/50 accurate and totally not accurate. Just depends who you ask.

That just means that only 50% of people eat and exercise consistently (as measured against a particular day). It's math, not superstition.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the prediction has always been very optimistic for me.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Not even close. It's like a heinous reminder of where I would be in a perfect world rather than actual reality. But I think it's supposed to be a motivational tool of some sort (it isn't). They should get rid of it, IMO.