Choose your Hard!!

Options
Not too long ago I created an entry on my blog on this topic. Figured I would share it here with you all..

People ask me all the time, "Was it HARD to lose all that weight?".

My answer is simple, YES, Losing weight IS Hard, but then again, so is NOT losing weight.

Lets see, at almost 500 lbs :

Walking is.... HARD
Climbing Stairs is.... HARD
Fitting in most seats is.... HARD
Dealing with "fat jokes" is.... HARD
Fitting in clothes is.... HARD
Flying in an airplane is.... HARD
Going on rides at amusement parks is.... HARD

Whats involved with losing weight and why is it so HARD?

Measuring/Tracking what you eat
Exercising on a regular basis
Cleansing the kitchen and keeping a supply of HEALTHY foods
Replacing clothes 2 or 3 or 4 times, sometimes more
Financially taxing (Replacing Clothes and Buying Healthy food isnt cheap!)

However, take a minute and compare the two options...

Go ahead and CHOOSE YOUR HARD!

-- If you are interested in checking out my blog, it can be found via my website www.500lbs2marathon.com

Replies

• fitgirl4life
    fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That is really inspirational! What a fantastic goal you have and thanks for posting the link to your blog :flowerforyou:
  • scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all! Way to kick @ss!!!!!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    This was fantastic to read!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Very good points!

My HARD - the accidental reflection glance when you realize it's YOU??!!

It's hard because the mental image and the actual image are not the same and it's a long hard struggle to bring them closer together.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Very good points!

My HARD - the accidental reflection glance when you realize it's YOU??!!

It's hard because the mental image and the actual image are not the same and it's a long hard struggle to bring them closer together.

So true!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Great Post!
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    So glad that you chose the get fit and healthy hard!!! I have someone in my life that is morbidly obese and chooses the other hard, to stay the way they are and continue to have health problems, social issues and it's sad! Anyhow, keep being an inspiration, you're doing something fantastic, and don't ever forget!!!!! :happy:
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    So glad that you chose the get fit and healthy hard!!! I have someone in my life that is morbidly obese and chooses the other hard, to stay the way they are and continue to have health problems, social issues and it's sad! Anyhow, keep being an inspiration, you're doing something fantastic, and don't ever forget!!!!! :happy:

Thanx so much! If you want, share my site with them, they can get in touch with me if they are thinking about making a change. Id be more than happy to chat with them!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    What an awesome post! So well said! :)
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic post :)
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post.. I have tears streaming down my cheeks....

I am bad about saying that this journey is hard. BUT you are so right, being so overweight it harder. I think it is time to get my kids dressed and head out for a walk!

Thanks again!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Thank you for your post.. I have tears streaming down my cheeks....

I am bad about saying that this journey is hard. BUT you are so right, being so overweight it harder. I think it is time to get my kids dressed and head out for a walk!

Thanks again!

You're welcome :)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I love this post. It reminds me of the saying "everybody dies but not everyone lives."

Living is hard. It takes effort. It takes application. It is a struggle. But it sure as hell beats waiting to die.

To the OP: your profile pic is amazing. Everyday counts. Everyday is a step closer. Everyday is beautiful. Go smash it dude.
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    I love this post. It reminds me of the saying "everybody dies but not everyone lives."

Living is hard. It takes effort. It takes application. It is a struggle. But it sure as hell beats waiting to die.

To the OP: your profile pic is amazing. Everyday counts. Everyday is a step closer. Everyday is beautiful. Go smash it dude.

Thanx! You are absolutely right about living!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    bump
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    bump
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    I found your blog yesterday and I love it.. You are a inspiration!!! I hope you dont mind i loved it so much .. I passed it on to some friends to show them that through hard work anything is possible...