What we do with failure defines our success

Options
The holiday long weekend and its extended food hangover!

MFP always celebrates weight loss successes but never shows our failures when we gain. We all fall off the wagon, be it a day or longer. So I’m logging it here to let you know you are not alone. We are in this fight together and none among us are perfect.

True, I may have lost this week’s fight and this Friday’s weigh-in is a grim reminder of my week of debauchery and exuberant celebration, but I‘ve not given up and so I’ve not lost the battle. It’s a hiccup in my journey.

I’ve been averaging approximately 2lbs loss per week since I started hard-core in mid-March so I can celebrate that accomplishment while holding myself accountable for this setback. What we do with failure helps define our success.

Accountability: I’ve added up my week’s daily calories these past 7 days and yes the math supports my 2lb weight gain.

Today is a new day…Friday! Happy Friday everyone, keep up the good fight! :)

7512597.png

Replies

• highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ... in 1 week, and i have no idea quite how i managed this, put on 7lb .... took me 3 weeks to get it back down ... but now another 4lb under that.... averaging the same loss/week with bumps on the road since 1/1/17