What are your motivations behind your motivation

Options
Mine is body confidence. My moto is change what you can to make yourself feel better, anything you can't change accept and train yourself to love whatever that may be. Life is too short to be hard on yourself

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    My motivations change. Generally I just want to be as healthy as possible. Today, after being pissed off royally by a lazy co worker my thought was I want to just make sure I look better than her, but that's a given and subjective so my motivation is to be stronger - and the motivation behind that is strong in mind and body with hopefully not :)

And, the other is to just make sure all my clothes fit ;)
  • Secondhalf35
    Secondhalf35 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Strong body & mind best motivation ever
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Health and vanity. That's my honest answer.
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    Love your honesty. Nothing wrong with wanting to look your finest. Everyone likes to look their best. I think that the good feeings that come with it can be as addictive as the feelings from exercise itself
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Here's my secret one. Hubby and I plan to move to a large, multi-building CCRC in the next few months. I want to be able to comfortably walk from whatever apartment we end up in to the amenities -- even if I do need to use crutches to cope with the scoliosis.
  • patrickreeveboyd
    patrickreeveboyd Posts: 701 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The health benefits and all that sounds nice...but the real reason is to look hot...mainly to overwhelm a certain someone with how good looking I am, to outshine the past horrible things I done. "Men have two reasons for doing a thing. The reason they tell people, and the real reason." -JP Morgan
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    Love both answers
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    Love the feedback from everyone. I wrote this post as a distraction as I'm in a lot of pain. Feel free to add to it, you might inspire someone
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    Some of you have definitely inspired me
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    I wanted to fit into a cycling jacket again. :)
  • double_nn
    double_nn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I finally dislike looking fat enough to do something about it. Tired of dreading lectures at the doctor's office. My weight was starting to limit what I could and couldn't do (no longer felt comfortable in a plane seat, for example), and I can't have that.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    One doc told me to lose some weight. He's young and fit. Other doctor told me not to worry about it. She's older and less fit. I was going to split the difference and lose a few but then the test results came in - high cholesterol. I need to live a long time because I adore my children (and hopefully they adore me, too!). So, now really paying attention to what goes in my mouth, not just the calories.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Health, Breaking the downward spiral of pain and discomfort. Not going back where I was.
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    Inspiring
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I want to not be embarrassed in a skating dress and to wear a bikini with pride..

So vanity I guess fuela most of my motivation. And just being fit makes things I like to do easier
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    Suppose success Is best form of revenge. Best of luck going for your goals
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Underlying motivation: I deserve to live a happy full life.

Surface Motivations: Losing weight will improve my health. I will be able to do more of what I want. I will be able to wear what I want. I will be able to keep up with my family.
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    Love it