Cardio w/hoodie on to sweat more-yay or nay?

Options
2»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Since I started wearing long sleeve compression tops, I have been a lot more comfortable.

They keep the sun off outside and keep me cooler inside by wicking moisture better.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Overheating is not so good for you. I would not do it, personally.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at my gym who works out in what looks like thermal leggings and a plastic mac. He's clearly an idiot.

My favorite is when I walk into the girls locker room and see them wrapping themselves in Saran Wrap. The thought of it makes my stomach itchy and warm.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Although it happened some time ago, here's WHY this is a bad idea: cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9908/26/martin.02/
  • Hinkz81
    Hinkz81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is helpful. Again, I was under the impression fasting cardio burns fat versus whatever food that was consumed. I understand it's more of a CICO idea. And I agree, I think she may be in over her head, or perhaps just not very well educated in nutrition.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    that sounds like torture to me
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    For your side note question. Before a workout some people drink something with caffeine in it. After some have a protein shake.
    I used to drive to Popeyes after working out. Yea, that was a mistake. Point is you will be hungry after working out. Have something high protein ready.

I do better with something like cheese and fruit as far as hunger goes, but I understand there is some value for some people to consumer protein within a certain window after lifting.
  • WyldHaggis
    WyldHaggis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds borderline dangerous to me, in a 'recipe to pass out' way. :/
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I workout outside and in 90-100 F temps :o I need to wear something light.
    If you workout in the gym where they keep the AC really cold it might work. But I don't think it will be comfortable and you may still get overheated :o
  • WyldHaggis
    WyldHaggis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    amysteri wrote: »
    If you workout in the gym where they keep the AC really cold it might work. But I don't think it will be comfortable and you may still get overheated :o

To be fair, I used to do that (wearing a hoodie. AND a scarf) at my previous gym... after I noticed that every single time I resumed going there, I stopped going soon after because I had caught a cold... I didn't really have a choice in the end. Sometimes I think people in charge of AC in buildings shouldn't be allowed to touch it with a 10 ft pole before having received thorough training about how to use it. -_-
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Like an hour ago, I saw someone walking down the street in a full sweat suit. . . . it's 102*