Supernatural goings on

Options
Avocado_Angel
Avocado_Angel Posts: 2,362 Member
Well....to start with iv always believed but of course, being human I have sometimes doubted and questioned things. Not anymore. Too much has happened now, and hearing other peoples stories, I'm a firm believer.

Yesterday when I came home from work my brother said that he'd felt a really strange sensation and goosebumps in our hallway, he said he didn't like the feeling, like someone was there. Anyway, I was relaxing on the sofa when I started getting really cold, loads of goosebumps, it kept happening. So I look over and see my 2 cats, sat right beside each other staring at me in the most freaky way. Intensely staring in a way iv never seen before. Then my male cat totally tilts his head to look at something beside me, he's staring so hard and his ears pricked up. It was mental definitely something in my house last night. I took pictures of my cats staring so I'l try upload them then you can see what I mean.

Let's hear your supernatural stories !
And tbh, if you are not a believer please don't try to tell me I'm wrong. As I said I'm a firm believer :)

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Goosebumps are response to certain hormones (which would account for the strange feeling). Cats vision is best out the periphery of the eyes so he probably wasn't looking at where he was staring.

As you can tell I don't believe in the supernatural.

giphy.gif
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    Goosebumps are response to certain hormones (which would account for the strange feeling). Cats vision is best out the periphery of the eyes so he probably wasn't looking at where he was staring.

giphy.gif

Come to my house. I'll make you a believer lol
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'm not a believer...or a disbeliever...
    I don't know and I'm fine with that

I hear "people" calling my name sometimes when I'm all alone...Clear as day, sometimes I even answer...because it sounds so real...but then remember nobody is there
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm not a believer...or a disbeliever...
    I don't know and I'm fine with that

I hear "people" calling my name sometimes when I'm all alone...Clear as day, sometimes I even answer...because it sounds so real...but then remember nobody is there

Have you checked the bushes outside your house.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I lived in an apartment for a brief period of time that seemed quite "active". Many times you could hear a jack in the box playing, followed by a quick giggle. Our bird's cage would be opened, but was too high for my son to reach and required a bar to removed completely to allow large door to swing open. One night I even told my son to "get back to bed" only to remember that he was at his father's house for the be weekend -- but I saw a little boy inthe hallway as clear as a bell!

My best friend thought that I was just "nervous" as this was my first apartment after my divorce and I was not accustomed to living "alone". She came to watch my son one evening whilst my grandmother was in the hospital and changed her opinion quickly! She said that she heard the jack in the box music and called out, "Who's there?". She said that she heard a child giggle, the verticle blinds started to sway and then the cockatiel started screeching as his cage door opened up! She heard the giggle again when she went to close the cage and said that the metal door was "ice cold"!

These activities never scared me; they seemed mischievous and child like. But once, when getting the mail, a neighbor asked me if I lived in the "upstairs apartment"? I told her that I did and she asked me if "Billy" had been "at it" again? I asked what she meant and she said that previous tenants always spoke of a "ghost boy" that they called Billy. She clearly had never believed them, but it sure made me curious!
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I've gotten exceedingly angry a number of times and light-bulbs burst. It's a little scary. I've tried to look at them on purpose to make them burst but it didn't work.

I have frightened people I was about to fight by looking at them and meeting eyes. To the point they turned around and ran away.

That also doesn't always work.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    One time, I was camping with some friends in a remote area in southern, mountainous Virginia...and we saw some rather unusual lights off in the distance. They began moving in a bizarre fashion...we suspected an airplane, but were stunned by some of the apparently radical maneuvers these lights were appearing to follow.

They suddenly descended lower and came towards us...quickly! Whatever it was passed overhead and there was a sonic boom.

It was awesome and terrifying.

It was probably a fighter jet I guess doing something at distance at such an angle that it appeared to be more radical than it was from our position...but all three of us were like WTF man...
  • Dovely40
    Dovely40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    In this house I rented a few years ago, it was very active! I would always hear a little girls voice calling "mommy". My children would hear it as well. One day when I came into the house, this toy couch came flying out of my 7 year olds doll house. We assumed the little girl spirit was playing with her toys. Then, one night while I was in bed, I heard two women having a conversation clear as day. One of them said, "who's that?" "That's not Margie." Scared me to death! Slept with the gun on my nightstand rest of the night! Lol! As if that would help.
  • BrendanMcGroarty
    BrendanMcGroarty Posts: 945 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

Cats see best out of the periphery? That is certainly not true.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

Cats see best out of the periphery? That is certainly not true.

It wasnt worded correctly. My point was that cats field of vision is larger, they have poorer central focus than humans especially in daylight. She may have thought the cat was focusing on one thing but he could have been on alert with that large field of vision for anything that might move.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    The closest thing to a supernatural experience was something that I desperately hope was NOT a supernatural experience, and it was all just a weird coincidence because the alternative...I can't even. it was over a Ouija board.

When I was about 13 I was poking around in my grandparent's garage when we were visiting for a summer, and I found a Ouija board on a shelf. I specifically remember that the cardboard box flap had a rip in it, and when I pulled it down from the shelf, my fingers drew long, fresh track marks in the film of dust that covered the top. I pulled out the board and took a look at it out of curiosity.

Then remembering my parents' lesson to never play with them "never mess with stuff you don't understand or can't control", I decided that it had no place at my grandma's house. I took a pair of my grandpa's thick gardening shears and clipped the board into about 8 pieces. Then I put the pieces back into the box, and threw the box away in the next-door neighbor's trash. (I didn't want my grandparents to find out and then I'd have to explain myself for snooping and wrecking their stuff.)

The next day I was back in the garage, and in the same place as where I found the Ouija board, I saw a Ouija board box. One with a torn flap and fresh finger marks in dust on top. I opened it, and pulled out a single, unbroken Ouija board. I flipped out. I broke it in two over my knee, stuffed it back in the box and threw it away in the neighbor's trash again.

Now, I can't promise that there wasn't a second Ouija board set under the first one that I garden-sheared. I can't say for certain that there weren't two boards there in separate boxes to begin with. Maybe both boxes had torn flaps, and when I disturbed the topmost one it put marks on the dust on the second, and I just didn't see it until the next day. A part of me HOPES that that was the case, because the alternative explanation is downright frickin terrifying.

To this day I won't touch one, or even come near it.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    gt809rnlbvdv.gif
    clu3e6bb0h6g.gif
    ucavs4i0t2ut.gif
    eekkd4gsq88n.gif
    orl083fovcvd.gif
    8dngfbbqvlrm.gif
    upscyjp1b4dm.gif
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    MUDDAFLIPPING GHOST DOG

Now that I have your attention, here is my story.

I was laying in bed, on my stomach, I hear a dog at my bedroom door, nothing too odd, assumed I didn't shut the door.

I hear the dog walking around my bed, I can feel it shaking my bed slightly with each step(floor is a little springy).

It walks around to my head, I am facing away, I can feel it's breath on my neck.

I then look for the dog and find my bedroom door is shut and no dog inside.

Same thing happened a 2nd time. Except this time it didn't just breath on my neck, it jumped up on my back with its two front paws, I could feeling the weight of it pushing me down.

Ghost dog or half awake dream?