I'm In a Bit of a Rush

Options
So, my original goal was to lose 20 pounds by September 1st. That is when I'll be having my dress fitting for my wedding. I have only lost 7 pounds so far (which I'm very happy about), but would like to keep the goal. That means I only have one month to lose 13 pounds. I'll do whatever it takes! Anyone have any tips. I've been losing a pound a week on average. Help me please!

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    One pound per week is about healthy. I've been losing about 1.5 per week because I usually stop eating about 300 calories before I hit the 1200 calorie limit. So... eat less, burn more.
  • Susie_Bee
    Susie_Bee Posts: 34
    Options
    Have you looked into Ideal Protein... it works and it's fast (average is 3-7 lbs per week, depending on the person). It is VERY restrictive though (and it s a NO CHEAT diet) and it can be expensive. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months but I have a thyroid problem and I am probably older than you are, which makes weight loss somewhat slower.

You can find details on the "Three Fat Chicks on Diet" website forums (message board). There is a forum dedicated to this diet (and many other diets too).

Good luck to you!
  • lauren_rivers
    Options
    Go for a walk outside in the morning and at night walk on the treadmill. Push yourself a little harder for the next month, but don't forget to take at least one day off.

If you are using weights more, don't forget that you are probably adding muscle which could be why you don't see a significant weight loss.
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    My advice is to relax with your goal a little bit. A pound a week is very healthy and I'm sure you will look radiant at your wedding no matter what the scale says! I recommend doing strength training to tone and get lean and cardio to burn fat, but know that the best thing you can do for yourself in this stressful period is focus on taking good care of yourself rather than worrying about losing X number of pounds.
  • jeepwidow01
    jeepwidow01 Posts: 173
    Options
    Have you been incorporating exercise into your daily routine as well? If not, add some into it, even if it is "just" walking. If you have already, up your cardio. However, make sure you don't go below the 1200 calories per day. You need to be healthy for your wedding!! :wink: Not sure what kinds of food you have been eating, but make sure you avoid high fatty foods & high sodium foods. Drink drink drink your water. If you are hungry, or have the munchies, grab some veggies to help with that craving. I try to buy lots of veggies & then cut them up when I get home from the store. It makes it much easier to grab them & I am more apt to eat them. I don't always have the patience or time to cut them up when I do want them. Best of luck on your journey!
  • Mandie1117
    Mandie1117 Posts: 15
    Options
    I go to the gym 3 days a week, try for 4, but rarely happens. I typically spend about 45 minutes to an hour on the elliptical. I do appreciate everyone's advice. It is really helpful just to be reminded to stay calm and just keep my eye on the goal. I guess it doesn't really matter if I meet my goal right on time, just as long as I fit into my dress and look good in it!