Best things to snack

Hey guys . Just wondering what you guys use to snack on when you get them urges? I currently take a rice cake and a little peanut butter or some fruit and nuts. Ocassionaly I will put some egg mixture into cupcake cases with some turkey bacon a little mozzarella on top and sometimes some sweet potato chunks or beans in side too. Very delicious and filling. Just looking to see what everyone else eats when they get peckish .

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Pudding. I kind of love pudding and I've convinced myself it's good for calcium and therefore good for me. :)
  • WhiskersOnDucks
    WhiskersOnDucks Posts: 4 Member
    Oven Baked Walkers crisps have been my new favourite snack as I can feel like I am still eating crisps but with less fat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Cottage cheese and pumpkin seeds, cottage cheese and fruit, fruit and cheddar cheese and/or peanut butter.

Cottage cheese is great for providing protein without a lot of calories, and I need protein (and fat) in my snacks for them to be filling.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    All your recipes sound yummy. I like peppers with hummus with grapes.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    It depends on the situation but...

Cottage cheese with spicy nacho Doritos
    Chicken sausage
    Greek yogurt (usually with some cocoa)
    Protein bars
    Jerky
    Leftover meat
    Halo Top
    Frozen Greek yogurt bars
    Fresh fruit
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    The best thing for me is to not snack, to ignore and as much as possible avoid urges. I eat balanced and delicious meals, and when I get peckish, I know that a good meal is never more than a few hours away, so I just wait till I get hungry.
  • kdavid1987
    kdavid1987 Posts: 107 Member
    The best thing for me is to not snack, to ignore and as much as possible avoid urges. I eat balanced and delicious meals, and when I get peckish, I know that a good meal is never more than a few hours away, so I just wait till I get hungry.

Me too! If I snack, it's all over LOL. I will sometimes make a cup of tea with a hint of sweetener or almond milk to tide me over between meals.
  • crewgirl86
    crewgirl86 Posts: 28 Member
    It depends. I tend to eat small meals throughout the day, so my "snacks" are more like mini-meals. I often have tuna packets (about 70 calories each with LOTS of protein!) to mix with mustard and relish, 0% fat greek yogurt with fresh berries, or an apple with a Justin's PB packet. When I'm home and need more of a dessert snack, I often have a huge bowl of watermelon (it REALLY helps my sweet cravings) or a big bowl of a low calorie popcorn, like Skinny Pop or Boom Chicka Pop.
  • runintherain
    runintherain Posts: 3 Member
    Some current favorites:
    • Popcorn (for example Angie's Boom Chicka Popcorn)
    • Roasted seaweed
    • Frozen grapes
    • Seasonal fruit (right now: watermelon)
    • A banana cut into thin slices drizzled with honey and cinnamon
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    Jack Links peppered beef jerky, carrots with light vegetable dip, strawberries and pineapple, sometimes just a pre portioned out serving of chips! (Usually Doritos or pretzels)
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Popcorn
    Carrots
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    My snacking is all over, so I try to keep some variety in the house. Recently I've been craving fruit though, especially watermelon.
  • mikerandolph86
    mikerandolph86 Posts: 4 Member
    I discovered "Fuel Snacks" last week. Really good stuff.

foodiefuel.com

Depends on what your going for. I never have any issues working these in and staying within my macro limits.

Very filling as well.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    rdmitch wrote: »
    Popcorn
    Carrots

Besides my pudding I'm seconding carrots. They're satisfying between the crunch and sweetness

I have to restrict snacks thigh otherwise I get out if control... Imma snacker
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    String cheese. Hardboiled eggs. Those little Jif-to-go cups. Anything with enough protein to give my stomach something real to work on until I get home.