Hypothetical question

Options
If I ate an entire diet solely consisting of fats and still ate in a calorific deficit would weight loss still be possible

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You could even eat gummy bears all day long and lose. As long as you stick to your caloric goal.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Jackw9998 wrote: »
    If I ate an entire diet solely consisting of fats and still ate in a calorific deficit would weight loss still be possible

Yes. Though being realistic, you would not be able to manage a diet of 100% fat as most food that is high in fat still has SOME carb/protein content.

There are many people who intentionally eat low carb/high fat (and moderate protein) and find success eating at a deficit but still being satiated.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Jackw9998 wrote: »

Protein is important so you should be sure to eat at least say 75g of that.

The question is malformed because a calorie deficit is defined as a weight loss. If you lost weight you drew calories from storage so you were at a deficit.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Yes, weight loss would occur. I just can't think of any reason someone would do that.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yes