Random question for Iphone 4 users

Do you ever have trouble with your home button not working? My phone is 6 months old and I have to hit the home button like 5 times for it to work. Im ready to throw it at the wall. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do? Im planning on going to ATT&T today but we'll see what good that does.

Replies

• Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Had trouble a few years back with an iphone3. Took it to the apple store, they tested it and replaced it on the spot. Might be worth a try.
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    hey there, thats a fault chick, back it up - take it to apple and theyll give you a new one on the spot. My top button wouldnt lock or unlock the screen - but i got a nice shiny new one that works like a dream! x
  • Agreed. Take it to an Apple store. They're awesome there.
  • lagreen83
    lagreen83 Posts: 9 Member
    I have the same issue but I haven't taken it into the store yet. Let us know what happens when you take it in, please!
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Had trouble a few years back with an iphone3. Took it to the apple store, they tested it and replaced it on the spot. Might be worth a try.

I love how we both used on the spot. btw i typed my response before i had seen urs!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Havent had this issue, but good to know others went to Apple and had it replaced "on the spot" :)
  • jennfisher13
    jennfisher13 Posts: 50 Member
    I am now having the same issue! I called and they told me to download the most recent updates for my phone. I did this and it seemed to get worse??? It would seem that softwear up dates wouldn't do this but..... it is some pretty uncanny timing. Let me know what you find out....
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    I had that too (all day), so took it to the shop and it worked on the second time ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Hopefully will not happen again but after seeing this post I think it might just be a matter of time.

Next time I will go to Apple and not my provider like advised
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    I haven't had the issue yet. Hoping that I won't, but it's great to know it can be taken care of if necessary.
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Alright, thanks guys, ill take it in today and let you know what happens :-)
  • herzo1852
    herzo1852 Posts: 12
    That happened to me too - took it in - they switched it off completely, cleaned the screen (which didn't look dirty at all) and then told me I should buy a phone cover with a clear screen that you can still touch through (they said my fingers were leaving natural oils on the screen and that was what was wrong).

I did not believe them, but alas, they were right, never had the problem since - so, if Apple can't help, try getting a protective cover (Walmart sells some good ones).

Apparently, I am an "oily" person - how disgusting is that!

:smile:
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    mine keeps doing that!! but i just put it down to the fact that i drop it quite a bit (i do have a case on it though) hmmm i might take mine to the Apple store
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    mine keeps doing that!! but i just put it down to the fact that i drop it quite a bit (i do have a case on it though) hmmm i might take mine to the Apple store