Binging too often

Options
natashab61
natashab61 Posts: 103 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all
I have been recording my meals on and off for 3 weeks. I have lost maybe 7 lbs. However a thing that I constantly am struggling with is:
1. When committed eating 1200 calories of which I burn 300 at the gym.
2. But when not in the 'mood' or feeling too hungry eating twice the calories.
I know this is not a good pattern because I am seeing an increase in the fat on my stomach...like it is moving around my body because of my use of my legs and arms more. I guess. I really don't know. But I am really struggling to break this pattern. I know that eating less than 1200 is the culprit for the binge as some of you will say BUT I really do feel full on those days.

Has someone broken am similar pattern? Can you please guide me?
I have about 65 lbs to go as in lose.

Replies

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Maybe don't set your calories so low....the days when you are full then be full but days when you are hungrier eat more protein and veggies. I work extra hard at the gym just so I eat a little more.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Change your rate of loss to something smaller. If you picked you want to lose 2 pounds per week change that to 1 pound per week. You really do need to hit your calorie goal every day, even if you don't feel hungry. Two tablespoons of peanut butter is about 200 calories and it's not really a large or filling amount. Nuts are another way to increase calories.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    you are definitely NOT eating enough if you binge- therefore adjust things so you can be comfortable and also lose at a decent rate- what's your hurry?
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you are eating 1200 and then burning 300. Netting 900 calories a day is not nearly enough especially if you have 60 lbs to lose. 1200 PLUS exercise calories is the MINIMUM​ you should eat.
  • natashab61
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    you are definitely NOT eating enough if you binge- therefore adjust things so you can be comfortable and also lose at a decent rate- what's your hurry?

No hurry. Just I feel 'commited' to eating what it has calculated on the good days. Also I don't weigh anything yet (need to purchase a scale) once I determine I am commited. Also I really don't have an accurate way of calculating how many calories I burn at the gym and again don't want to invest in fancy gadgets just yet. So yeah that is what is holding me back to using my caloric intake because I bet everything is full of inaccuracies.
  • natashab61
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »
    Maybe don't set your calories so low....the days when you are full then be full but days when you are hungrier eat more protein and veggies. I work extra hard at the gym just so I eat a little more.

Yeah I definitely agree with using my protein intake. Throwing some protein powder in my smoothies might be a good idea because I find it very filling when I do have it.
  • natashab61
    Options
    Am I yo-yo dieting every week?? I honestly feel like I am.
  • natashab61
    Options
    Any thoughts?
  • christinaminoguchi
    christinaminoguchi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey read Brain over binge!!!! It will help!!